• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Template Conditional Not Disappearing

fattony69

Hey,

I am trying to get my template conditionals to work, but for some reason, one doesn't work. I am trying to hide something in one forum. It doesn't show up in the forum list, but not in the threads themselves. Here is the code I am using:

Code:
<div style="section">
<xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} != 'node-24'">
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 5} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 6}">
    My Information
</xen:if>
</xen:if>
</div>
It won't disappear. I am trying to get it to disappear.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So your conditional is as follows: if not in node 24, and if not a member of user group 5 or 6, show the information.

That means every forum except 24 will display the content to everyone who isn't in group 5 or 6.

What is it that's not working exactly?

fattony69

So your conditional is as follows: if not in node 24, and if not a member of user group 5 or 6, show the information.

That means every forum except 24 will display the content to everyone who isn't in group 5 or 6.

What is it that's not working exactly?
It shows up when I am reading a thread in node 24.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Are you in user group 5 or 6?

I use that exact some conditional to hide adverts from certain groups and one node altogether (although it's a Page, not a forum) and it works fine for me.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I've just used your exact code taken from the first, placed it in the PAGE_CONTAINER template and it works exactly as expected.

I am not in user group 5 or 6 and the content does not appear for me in that node only.
It appears on every other node.

Double check the node ID.

fattony69

I've just used your exact code taken from the first, placed it in the PAGE_CONTAINER template and it works exactly as expected.

I am not in user group 5 or 6 and the content does not appear for me in that node only.
It appears on every other node.

Double check the node ID.
Doesn't work and I tried the parent node as well.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The only other thing I can thing of is, are you applying this to a category node, instead of a forum node?

Unless you have categories set to open in a new page, it won't work.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I'm out of ideas then.

Your code works fine on my installation so I have no idea why it isn't working on yours.