Teen escapes jail after killing in self defence.

It is my belief that if someone feels it is okay to break into my home, it is my right to defend said home and shoot and kill them. I don't know why so many people feel it is necessary to defend the "rights" of a criminal. Why? So they can go out and do it again to someone else? Why do we let people who are a strain on society keep doing these things? It makes no sense to me. We've become a world of protecting the weakest links and it's going to bring the rest of us down with them.

It is my belief that if someone feels it is okay to break into my home, it is my right to defend said home and shoot and kill them. I don't know why so many people feel it is necessary to defend the "rights" of a criminal. Why? So they can go out and do it again to someone else? Why do we let people who are a strain on society keep doing these things? It makes no sense to me. We've become a world of protecting the weakest links and it's going to bring the rest of us down with them.
Completely agree with you.

Now can you imagine disarming us Americans similar to what's happening over seas? Basically only the criminals will have guns.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks. ----

Per the UDHR adopted by the UN....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Declaration_of_Human_Rights#Article_12

I buy this completely. It is too bad over here self defense is limited to you being in eminent danger...otherwise you must rely on law enforcement...unfortunately until there is proof of an actual crime there is really little they can do... so goes the cycle. The problem boils down to individuals forgetting or ignoring that their freedom stops right where it starts taking away from another individual's freedoms.

This probably has a lot to do with the fact that they know a law abiding citizen doesn't pose a threat in the event of a reaction most of the time. Most good people avoid violent confrontation. Knowing that makes a twisted person have a wide array of targets to choose from...It is no different than a day at the range vs a day in battle...it is easy to hit your target when it is not aiming back...when you know someone can and will easily retaliate you choose your battles more wisely.

Completely agree with you.

Now can you imagine disarming us Americans similar to what's happening over seas? Basically only the criminals will have guns.
It's a constitutional right to bear arms. If that ever happens, it's time for another revolution.

It's a constitutional right to bear arms. If that ever happens, it's time for another revolution.
If that were to ever happen, I'm willing to bet a sizable amount of money the expression "You'll have to take my guns from my dead body" will come true.

Top Bottom