1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TechPowerUp Forums now on XenForo

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by W1zzard, Nov 24, 2013.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Well-Known Member

We are a computer hardware site geared toward overclockers, gamers and enthusiasts.

After 9 years on vBulletin (up to 3.8.x), we decided it was time to upgrade our forums.

With vBulletin 5 being an epic failure and XenForo 1.2 available the choice was easy enough.

Took a bit of extra work because our main site's content is pulled from the forum database, so we had to adjust our external scripts, which worked surprisingly well.

TechPowerUp Forums

Currently ~60k users and ~3M posts. 30 addons installed on the new XenForo install.

Some minor changes to the style coming, too, people complain it's too bright.

There are still a few addons that I need to write, but things are looking smooth now.
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Nice job on converting over. Looking good. :)
  3. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Looks good, don't change a thing.
  4. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Congrats on the conversion. I am a reader but personally never visited the forums. Its always nice to see another good site make the jump.
  5. Deathstarr

Deathstarr Active Member

Nice looking conversion. I like the theme but I can see why they say its bright.