XF 2.0 Tapatalk issues with XenForo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake B.

Couldn't find a way to contact them without having an account, so posting here in case anyone is running into similar issues. Basically, Tapatalk is doing things like this with their class extensions:

Code:
<?php
namespace Tapatalk\BbCode\Formatter;

use XF\Str\Formatter as XFFormatter;

/**
 * Class Formatter
 * @package Tapatalk\BbCode\Formatter
 */
class Formatter extends XFFormatter
{

}

So just a note, until they fix this issue any other add-on you use that extends any class Tapatalk also extends will likely create errors as they're not using the XFCP to extend classes. If anyone knows of a way to contact them do feel free to do so

Tapatalk and other addons don‘t mix very well. It‘s kind of „by design“ the way they built their addon.

Tbh, I almost expected them to do it this way. ;)

No, nothing on our end we can do for that. It's happening because they're directly extending the XenForo class instead of extending through XFCP, so no functions created by add-ons are being made available in those classes. I'd probably recommend disabling Tapatalk or your other add-ons as these errors are going to be breaking the site for your users

Edit: Just looked at the 0.1.1 beta version and from what I can tell they haven't made it use the class proxy system within XenForo so these errors will continue to happen until they change this. Sadly, nothing that can be done by anyone other than them.

Just had a look, unfortunately they still haven't fixed the issue with most their class extensions.. src/Tapatalk/Repository is still full of classes that haven't been fixed and will continue to cause issues with other add-ons. I'm really not sure why they haven't fixed it, it's something that should take a matter of minutes to fix all of them.

Just had a look, unfortunately they still haven't fixed the issue with most their class extensions.. src/Tapatalk/Repository is still full of classes that haven't been fixed and will continue to cause issues with other add-ons. I'm really not sure why they haven't fixed it, it's something that should take a matter of minutes to fix all of them.

Then I am reported to Tapatalk.

by now we are making that our plugin extend correctly the xf classes. Once we release the stable version of our plugin, we normally always try to add compatiblity with other plugins, but that depends on how many forum owners use that 3th party plugin. In other cases, the authors of these 3th party plugins sent us the code to make Tapatalk plugin compatible with them, so we can include support in future releases :)

If you’d like a place to promote releases and support your product, please use the Resource Manager.

Otherwise add on specific support should be directed to the vendor’s usual support channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom