TapaTalk is now FREE

From what I read, it doesn't store you password with them (only the account info you set for your Tapatalk ID information - which should not be your forum logon info).

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/introducing-tapatalk-id-your-boarding-pass-to-forums.13532/
Special attention to the segment stating:
Tapatalk ID does not store your forum password and require you the login to the actual forum the first time you access the forum on a different device.
That is correct about passwords which I mentioned earlier.

The 'bug' I'm referring to is the inability that those using Tapatalk 4 are having of uploading attachments to forums unless they are signed in with Tapatalk ID. As Talatalk 4 is still in beta (at least on Android) then I'd suggest folk complain about this 'feature' and ask them to remove it. Failing that, stick with Tapatalk 2.

Some people will always prefer a native app over a web application. IMHO, there isn't any benefit in using Tapatalk over a responsive xF. If you've already Tapatalk, at least some of your members are likely to protest if they were forced to switch to using the browser. If you haven't installed Tapatalk yet, then the better for you, since you are not "taking away" anything from your community. :giggle:

It seems that after making it FREE, developers no more concern about their users issues.

So, it's better we should start making habit to forget Tapatalk and concentrate on responsive .

just purchase the free app for now, and if it goes paid it goes paid. Nothing we can do. But in the off chance it moves from free to paid on the existing app purchase, we just have a paid app now for free.

All I can say is that I won't be pushing it anymore, especially not since they now require a TapaTalk ID to upload photos.

looks like its free so they can get new 'members' in the thousands signing up. usually a sign they're thinking of selling the company and are padding the 'members'. /quote

is this confirmed anywhere?

looks like its free so they can get new 'members' in the thousands signing up. usually a sign they're thinking of selling the company and are padding the 'members'. /quote

is this confirmed anywhere?
All I know is that Yao (one of the Android developers) posted that it was only needed if you host the images on their server.

Top Bottom