Tapatalk icon in Facebook Links

JonUrban

OK. I know this has nothing to do with XenForo, but I figured maybe someone here knows what the deal with this is. If this is inappropriate, then of course delete this post.

Anyway, my forum (QuadraphonicQuad)is running the latest version of xF version 2, and I have Tapatalk installed because there are some of my members that like it, although I am very close to dumping it. It annoys me greatly that they insert ads into my forum when users use their app to view the forum. I do not deny that they should be able to make money for their effort, but I feel their ads should not be integrated into my forum content. Anyway, on to my question.

I was helping another entity figure out the parameters on how something they released could work better, and they appreciated it and posted on their Facebook page a link to my forum and the thread that goes over what I discovered.

However, when they posted the link on their FB page, a giant Tapatalk logo appeared next to the text and link! I hate that!

Other than deleting Tapatalk, is there any other way to force FB to use the real forum icon instead of the Tapatalk icon when people link to the forum in FB?

Thanks

ELS Tapatalk.webp

When creating your post, wait for the link preview to load, then hover over it and you can remove the image or even the full preview snippet like so:

1535278323280.webp

That image is there because they're overriding your default social graph image for your forum. There may be a way to disable it in the Tapatalk settings. It's been a few years since I ditched them, so Im not sure.

Top Bottom