Talk to Photopost folks for integration?

Some customer already did I believe, PhotoPost claims they didn't get a reply rom XF or something... I assume they're waiting to get a beta license and start working on it when they have it? No PP and RP support is what will be holding me back from switching to XF, at least for the big board.

photopost is a horrible product
How does that detract from the fact that they have thousands of users who plan to move to XF?
please dont merge it into this!
Nothing has to be done on the XF side. PP develops the integration, and it is not even a merge. Can't figure out how it disrupts your usage of XF all the same.

That said, PP is archaic indeed.

one of the worst products I've had the unfortunate experience of using and upgrading.

There may be better or less expensive or both alternatives out there but many of us have Photo and/or Review Post on our sites. To expect us to abandon the 1000's of entries we have with these products to start fresh is foolish.

There are alternatives. Photoplog is one, so is coppermine. Photoplog works wonderfully on my site. And at a much cheaper cost for the pro version than photopost.
I don't think they are better though. When I think of alternatives for PP & RP I'm thinking of the guys from XF making a gallery/review script in the future.

We have bought our PP Pro and RP and like to keep using this until something really good can replace it. So an integration is definitely needed, the fact that PP is archaic and horrible is irrelevant to me.

Kier and Mike have already been in touch with them. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I use their classifieds script because I have no choice. It's not the greatest but at least it is supported, not like some of the other.

It's up to PhotoPost to build a plugin for XenForo. I don't endorse their product, but I know there is a large installed base.

Kier and Mike have already been in touch with them. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Seeing how previous business has ended for other companies, I hope kier/mike think twice before making decisions.

Sorry, my vote is NO for photopost. It may be nice for the other forums but looks outdated to fit in with xenforo.

It may be, but today you don't have ANY gallery for xenforo and Photopost would be quicket way to get a gallery working with XF.
And I am using PP for years without a single issue. Product is pretty stable with very good support from a small team there.

On one side you say, XF team is busy fully focused on XF core product thats forums and they don't see CMS, Gallery comming out in near future. On other side you say we won't integrate with XYZ because they are $#%^. As a customer people will need some basic things in place to make XF usable in the long run. At least give solution yourself or give alternative so people can work.

Don't not bash each and every prodcut except XF. Such arrogant attitude will kill XF before it matures

photopost is a horrible product
please dont merge it into this!

Seeing how previous business has ended for other companies, I hope kier/mike think twice before making decisions.

Folks I followed up on Photopost and Chuck from there will be contacting Kier or Mike. Looks like they did not get any message from XF team for whatever reasons

Sorry, my vote is NO for photopost. It may be nice for the other forums but looks outdated to fit in with xenforo.
Guys please this is not helping. A lot of admins want to switch to XF but depend on these third party scripts, don't be selfish just because you're not using them. It's still an important part of admins we're talking here. They deserve support/integration and it's in the best interest of both XF and PP. Besides it's just an integration, and this integration will be done mostly by PP.

Top Bottom