Tale of Dragons

Love the idrea - I am also a Ddraig devotee.
But I can't join you or even look around to give more feedback, as it's too hard for me to read. I could maybe cope with the charcoal background OR the tiny tiny font but not both. Sorry.
ddraig.webp

The font size is the same as XenForo's default (11px).

Then how come this page is comfortable size to read and that one is not?

As for enlarging the page I tried that. I end up with a third of the page zooming off my screen to the right before I can read.

It depends if a site has any need to be more widely accessible. I'm not politically correct - I'm not doing a guilt trip. Thats why I just said politely it doesn't work for me. If asite is tightly aimed at young visitors, issues of vision are irrelevant. But at 40yrs the eyes change and a majority of us become short sighted. So it depends if a site admin wants to involve the older ranges or not. It's not obligatory but does need to be considered and decided.

Robyn I wasn't complaining. Just saying sorry I couldn't give you feedback, and explaining why.
Also telling you that I too love dragons = especially my national Ddraig. :)

It's worth considering though that the great majority of visitors if they cannot read a site don't go to the trouble of joining it and telling you so. Because that means struggling with font - enlarging it, using a magnifying glass etc just to complete the form and write to you. They just quietly go away and find something else they can read comfortably. So sites select their audience from the first few seconds.
Research has shown that we grip a visitor's loyalty - or not - in the first 30 seconds of viewing.

Then how come this page is comfortable size to read and that one is not?

As for enlarging the page I tried that. I end up with a third of the page zooming off my screen to the right before I can read.

It depends if a site has any need to be more widely accessible. I'm not politically correct - I'm not doing a guilt trip. Thats why I just said politely it doesn't work for me. If asite is tightly aimed at young visitors, issues of vision are irrelevant. But at 40yrs the eyes change and a majority of us become short sighted. So it depends if a site admin wants to involve the older ranges or not. It's not obligatory but does need to be considered and decided.
Yes, I never said that, I only said that the font size is the same as XenForo's default.

The issue probably is the specific blues used on the dark background (I chose orange originally because it contrasts enough and stands out from darker backgrounds), and she could increase it by 1-2px, though that might seem off with the rest of the design.

*wolfwhistle*

Dang hot lookin forum you got there
naughty.gif

hiya.gif
over 40 here... and not having any problems with the font size, nor colour combo. Dark themes are not my favourite thing, but I think this one David did is very nice.

Love the way you have incorporated my "Be Mine" banner lol :D

*wolfwhistle*

naughty.gif

hiya.gif
over 40 here... and not having any problems with the font size, nor colour combo. Dark themes are not my favourite thing, but I think this one David did is very nice.

I love that banner. I had the whole theme up, but then my old site went down and I haven't gotten the theme back up yet. I'm ... a little lazy :p

*wolfwhistle*

naughty.gif

hiya.gif

29 here and I had to buy a telescope to see the font Robyn. Joking. :D

The colours are good, and font imo isn't hard to read. Infact, the contrast in the font you picked is good which makes it quite easy to read on a dark background. Excellent job with the forum overall and keep up the good work.

Ah well I concede the field to the young. A lot of net culture views us over 60s as a nuisance so I'm fairly used to it.
Just a shame for me in this case because I do love dragons. I have a library of dragon art work I collect and there's a whole field of dragon Magic which is very beautiful.

Ah well I concede the field to the young. A lot of net culture views us over 60s as a nuisance so I'm fairly used to it.
Just a shame for me in this case because I do love dragons. I have a library of dragon art work I collect and there's a whole field of dragon Magic which is very beautiful.
There are other themes than just that one.

Not terribly sure how to do that.

You may not to actually. Have you tried positioning the gradient at the bottom?At this time you have it set to top but i think it looks better being placed towards the bottom the the container.

Code:
.showcaseItemContainer { background: url("images/liked-grad2.png") repeat-x scroll center bottom #363D41;}

Top Bottom