Taking over a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chea

Hi, sorry to ask the same question. I'm not looking for support for the forum, not looking for any technical input. What I was asking is what more do I need.... For example is just as simple as buying a license?
As the forum already exists and I have the admin login I am trying to find out what else is needed, not looking for free help as such, just advice as to how to proceed.
The previous person has left after a falling out with the owner and the forum has many years of resources on it so we want to know simple, what do I have to do to pick up the pieces?
As I have the hosting access along with backups and I have the /admin login etc what else is needed? I've never used XenForo so I don't really know how the site is built or altered . So, any help would lead me to either buying a license or saying "to big for me" hence posting in pre sales as I am hoping that if I can answer some simple questions I would know if it's going to be for me . Thanks

Yes, you can purchase a new license and replace the license files on the server to ensure the new license is being used.

Once you have purchased a new license, we will be able to advise how to do that, to ensure the license and installation are linked.

We can either assist via this forum, or you can submit a ticket from your new customer account.

ok, so before I buy a license..... As this is new territory for me, I have sites I build in various software include NicePage ...... Are all the changes to the site done through the www.stitetile.com/admin console or is it done somewhere else? As I say, I am use to working inside a publishing program and then publishing it

XF is independent, standalone software and has it's own admin page, separate from any hosting admin, or any other software which is installed on the server.

They already have that.

As I have the hosting access along with backups and I have the /admin login etc

Although ensure you also have access to the registrar for the domain, otherwise when it expires you will have to be quick to repurchase it so you don't lose it.

Thanks, I have the registrar under my and owners control and have changed password etc and checked all DNS .
I have the web hosting and domains under mine and the owners control as well and once again have secured.
I'm probably being stupid nut I'm use to html so here goes..... Where are the alterations made and edited. Is that in the area reached through stename/admin login (see attached ) as I also have access to that and now only owner and myself have access

I know this is all basic but I just need to know if I'm bitting off more than I can chew

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are the alterations made and edited. Is that in the area reached through stename/admin login (see attached ) as I also have access to that and now only owner and myself have access
As previously communicated, we can only provide support to license holders, or associated users.

Once you purchase a license you will be able to obtain support.

Sorry, I thought just asking a question based around how XenForo function in a very basic way for example through the admin login which I already have or through a program based app would be deemed a presales question.... I'm not asking any technical question on how to fix anything or how to do anything just a real basic "how does it work" kind of stuff ... a bit like is this car manual or automatic, petrol, dies... does this tell have chanel 4 app?

Based on the screenshot in one of your previous posts, I can't find a license associated with that site.

So until a license is purchased, we won't be able to provide any more assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom