TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

So i guess the original author stopped supporting this ?

Does this work on XF 1.4.3 ?

Last edited:

The author hasn't stopped supporting it. There just hasn't been an update for a while.

To answe your second question, it does work on 1.4.3. If you look at the top of the resource description, 1.4.x is one of the compatible versions.

Hi,

I am, creating a standalone php page, how to call taigachat ? (still on xenforo framework)

As long as you can render templates, it should be as simple as using the taigachat template hooks as normal

A couple of questions:

1. We allow Guests/Unregistered to chat in the Shoutbox. Is there a way to mod it so (Mods/Admin) can see their ip addresses when they post or some other way to capture their ip's from the shoutbox via a log or at least a field in the database?
  2. We have a Global shoutbox. I need to restrict url/img posting abilities from Guests/Unregistered. I turned off speed mode and downloaded/installed a mod which allows me to turn off user group ability to post images/urls in the forums, but apparently it doesn't carry over to the shoutbox.
If anyone has any helpful suggestions, they would e much appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Currently IP addresses are not associated with shoutbox messages at the database level, so this is not possible
2. XF mod support with regard to permission-based bbcode is very poor - anywhere the bbcode is to be used requires specific hacks

Hi, I'm using Widget Framework. What is the position location I should use to put the chat beneath the node list instead of above?
I currently have:
hook:forum_list_nodes

I also seem to be having an issue.

The chat doesn't update until someone actually posts in it. For example, if you're having a conversation with someone, you can't see what they wrote until you write something. So if I say "hi" and then you say "hi" back. I cannot see your reply until I type in something else.

The whose in chat "Chat (0)" never seems to update.

And people that haven't typed anything into the chatbox cannot see any messages at all until they do so. Here's an example.
1180h9t.gif

Make sure /data/taigachat and its contents are writable (chmod 777), and failing that try disabling speed mode

For the widget framework issue, set the display order on the widget to -10

XF 1.4.3 is fully supported and I haven't gone anywhere :)

Make sure /data/taigachat and its contents are writable (chmod 777), and failing that try disabling speed mode

For the widget framework issue, set the display order on the widget to -10
Thank you, setting this to 777 updated the speed.

As for the widget, it is set to -10 and still above the forum list as opposed to below it. Setting it to a positive 10 however, worked. Thanks!

I try instal addon and I get error:
Code:
Callback Dark_TaigaChat_EventListener_Listener::LoadClassDataWriter is invalid (Invalid Class).
any suggestion?

I try instal addon and I get error:
Code:
Callback Dark_TaigaChat_EventListener_Listener::LoadClassDataWriter is invalid (Invalid Class).
any suggestion?

This would suggest you have not fully uploaded the PHP files before attempting to install the addon xml file

I'm currently running xenforo on shared webhosting, and in their terms of service, this was listed on what is not allowed to be hosted: Run an auto-refreshing script such as a "shoutbox" that causes page refreshes more frequently than once every 30 seconds

When asked to expand on that, I was this told:
On our shared webhosting, any script would need to have a 30s or longer auto-refresh period, even if the resource is static. This is because of how Apache works internally with the memory usage of its processes.

Am I correct to assume this means I need to have the focus/unfocused/tab unfocused refresh time settings set to 30? Or would I be fine with just having speed mode enabled?

I'm currently running xenforo on shared webhosting, and in their terms of service, this was listed on what is not allowed to be hosted: Run an auto-refreshing script such as a "shoutbox" that causes page refreshes more frequently than once every 30 seconds

When asked to expand on that, I was this told:

Am I correct to assume this means I need to have the focus/unfocused/tab unfocused refresh time settings set to 30? Or would I be fine with just having speed mode enabled?

That is correct but do note that is too slow for a usable realtime chat and users may get frustrated at the slow refresh speed. I would recommend changing host if you want to fully utilise taigachat pro.

Is something like IRC relaying possible?

If you are confident writing IRC bots then you can interact directly with the dark_taigachat table in mysql. If you have speed mode enabled, you would also need to have a php script that can be called by the bot (via curl or similar) to refresh the speed mode cache. I am using the following to refresh the cache on my live site for something similar to IRC relaying:

Code:
<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$kotomi_indexFile = "./";
$kotomi_container = false;
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__)."/{$kotomi_indexFile}";
require "{$fileDir}/library/Dark/Kotomi/KotomiHeader.php";

$taigaModel = XenForo_Model::create("Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat");
$taigaModel->regeneratePublicHtml();
echo "Done";
exit;
(along with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/kotomi-generic-script-bridge.122/ )

Been using it for a few days, and it's quite nice. (y)

With that being said, a few suggestions:
  • Add the ability to see who's banned (i.e. "/banlist").
  • When issuing the /(un)ban command, make the action appear in the chat (i.e. "John has banned Doe from the shoutbox"), as it makes it more transparent in the chat as to what is going on.
    • You could make it an option in the ACP settings, as I'm sure not everyone would want this.

Is possible the limit post count who use this chat system (Except usegroup permission choice, because i have just one usergroup of members)?
But i want to limit this plugin just for which member post 1000+

I just installed this addon and my members prefer this chat, it's working out well!
I do have some concerns though.

- My old chat used to announce when someone entered the chat, it'd be great to have a feature like this.
- Members with their online status marked off seem to be invisible in the sidebar block of who is in the chat; can I change this somehow?
- A ban list (as mentioned by RastaLulz above) would be a great tool!

I'm struggling with:

- I'm struggling to set up new post notifications - it'd be great if someone could explain to me how exactly to do that.
- Chat logs - I thought I set the ID correctly but it doesn't seem to be logging and we've been chatting a lot.
Edit:
- I updated from the free version but my icons didn't show up in the chat, I think I must have messed up with the install. So I just copied the code from the screenshot on the first page but they don't seem to work with the dark version.. Is there any dark version ones and if so can I just edit the code? :)
- I'm also trying to edit the box where the messages are typed, I can't seem to find which code changes the colour of that background once it's selected. I'm also trying to work on the border around the chat itself. Any hint to the correct code to edit would be amazing.

Sorry for the questions, especially if I missed something listed before. Thanks for anyone who takes time out to give me some help. :)

Last edited:
my sb started getting few minor glitches so i tried to re-install and i get this error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'room_id'

and i cant find that column any where in DB i would drop that table if i could..

shame that u have to uninstall it 1st then install again.

this should be fixed...

to allow re-install on the fly without complete removal..

Last edited:
umm i been getting messages form so many member and our staff why this SB doesn't do this:

ehSRT.png

would be useful if it was real live.. this way if some one posts something bad and its removed its removed for every one. now people need to refresh to see the changes so those who don't refresh can still see the bad content...

@Luke Foreman i know many have asked you to improve the SB.. i know i have listed many must have features for a long time. but you haven't done much work on it.. is it you to busy to worry about SB? cozz i recon another developer should take over to keep this more up to date in my opinion. we all paid for this software and expect good customer support and at least improvements made to this product.

or at least allow other developers to modify this add one to there own liking and open some doors to new modifications since you do not have the time for it.. [people will still need to pay for the add-one its self from you but this way we can expect better features implemented]

Last edited:
Top Bottom