TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Luke, I've finally figured out my problem, a member has done an obvious-random comment saying it may be related to the chat history... so, I've used the /prune command.. and no more delay. :rolleyes:

That's said, an option to prune automatically the chat when it's archived would be cool.
Actually, another option to control how many lines you want to keep in the chat before pruning would be welcomed.

I'm not sure why it would delay that much, not like the history was that big, maybe you could do some check if some optimizations can be done.

Noticed an issue the other day where private threads were showing up in the chat (show new threads only enabled via forum activity display options). This was set to a normal registered user account I made to inherit the registered users group permissions, however when I noticed private threads were appearing in chat I switched it to 0 for guest, but today another private thread appeared in chat.

Running the latest version of the addon - not sure if this has happened before and I've just never noticed it or if it's a new issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Figured out the culprit!

The latest version of the Tapatalk addon, 1.5.2, will completely break this feature of TaigaChat. Private forum areas will have their new threads shown in the chat.

No idea why this happens, but I figured it was an addon conflict so I started going down my list starting with addons I knew I changed recently. Disabled Taptalk, made a few test threads in a private forum, and none of them appeared in the chat.

Enabled taptalk, made another test thread, and it appeared in taigachat.

Since I have a lot of users who utilize taptalk, I'm going to keep it enabled and disable the new thread feature of the chat until the conflict is addressed on one end or the other. I've also reported this issue (and now your code fix) to Tapatalk: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ackberry-mobile-app.27837/page-10#post-513946

This kind of makes me afraid that Taptalk might be breaking other permission / privacy settings in XF...

Figured out the culprit!

The latest version of the Tapatalk addon, 1.5.2, will completely break this feature of TaigaChat. Private forum areas will have their new threads shown in the chat.

No idea why this happens, but I figured it was an addon conflict so I started going down my list starting with addons I knew I changed recently. Disabled Taptalk, made a few test threads in a private forum, and none of them appeared in the chat.

Enabled taptalk, made another test thread, and it appeared in taigachat.

Since I have a lot of users who utilize taptalk, I'm going to keep it enabled and disable the new thread feature of the chat until the conflict is addressed on one end or the other. I've also reported this issue to Tapatalk.

This kind of makes me afraid that Taptalk might be breaking other permission / privacy settings in XF...

Yep certainly has the potential to bypass node permissions, though I'm not sure if it can be 'exploited' using core XF alone

Change line 7 of library/tapatalk/model/node.php to:
Code:
$data = parent::getNodePermissionsForPermissionCombination($permissionCombinationId);

And it should be fixed (untested)

Edit: Yeah confirmed you can't do anything with this besides the taigachat issue using core XF or any of the ~50 3rd party addons I've got lying around in my dev install. Nothing calls that function with the parameter set except taigachat live threads.

Change line 7 of library/tapatalk/model/node.php to:
Code:
$data = parent::getNodePermissionsForPermissionCombination($permissionCombinationId);
And it should be fixed (untested)

Luke, I relayed this section of code to the developers at Tapatalk to implement. It's not the first code problem with this new update of theirs that exists (heck even a newbie to PHP like me found one and solved it).

Edit (04/06/13):
Just got notification by the Tapatalk plugin coder that the above fix will be included in the next release version.

If using server time is not acceptable, either disable Speed mode or set the option 'Timestamp format' to 'Relative' (which is the only one that will obey the user's timezone when Speed mode is enabled)
I have both Speed Mode enabled and Timestamp format set to Relative, however, the timestamps on shouts older than an hour (and are no longer "relative" but "absolute" timestamps) are not showing the user's local time, but the server time. Can this be fixed?

Just a suggestion for a future update... When a user posts in the shoutbox, they get the **New Shoutbox Message** blinking notice in the upper tab. This should only happen when OTHER users post. This would be great if a fix is possible!

Possible to have only the latest post/reply in a thread show up. It starts to make the shoutbox look a little messy if it is just a list of everyone replying to the same thread. I like the feature, just want it cleaned up a bit. When a new person posts in a thread, it prunes the last message related to that thread and lists the latest reply.

This is something I would really like. If you have any hack-like ideas. I would be willing to try anything.

Is it possible to show the numbers chatting on the nag bar link like they do with ip chat.

How do you re downlaod it once you bought it?

I just purchased it last night. After you paypal, you get a email will the add-on attached to it. I think it was less than 5 minutes after I finished paying.

Russ

i don't have chaining the color option what should i do

<span class='mceIcon mce_bold'></span>:
<span class='mceIcon mce_italic'></span>:
<span class='mceIcon mce_strikethrough'></span>:
<span class='mceIcon mce_link'></span>:

how to add

Capture.webp

I have many Error Message like this:

Code:
ErrorException: file_put_contents(/home/admin/domains/xxmydomainxx/public_html/data/taigachat/messages.html.5602222.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php:121

How can i fix this? :(

// Edit

Code:
file_put_contents(/home/admin/domains/xxmydomainxx/public_html/data/taigachat/messages.html.8995536.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 121
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 283
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->updateActivity() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 63
    Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionActivity() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/xxmydomainxx/public_html/index.php at line 13

I have many Error Message like this:

Code:
ErrorException: file_put_contents(/home/admin/domains/xxmydomainxx/public_html/data/taigachat/messages.html.5602222.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php:121

How can i fix this? :(

// Edit

Code:
file_put_contents(/home/admin/domains/xxmydomainxx/public_html/data/taigachat/messages.html.8995536.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 121
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 283
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->updateActivity() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 63
    Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionActivity() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/xxmydomainxx/public_html/index.php at line 13

You would need to make sure /data/taigachat is chmod'd to writable by PHP (e.g. 777)

Top Bottom