TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I am sure this was asked already but can't seem to find it. We have had this installed at our site for some time, we seem to be having a lot of issues with shouts not being posted. They randomly don't go in but when you refresh they are there. Also a lot of java script errors. I know we didn't get the last update due to an email address change how can I get the most recent version?

I am sure this was asked already but can't seem to find it. We have had this installed at our site for some time, we seem to be having a lot of issues with shouts not being posted. They randomly don't go in but when you refresh they are there. Also a lot of java script errors. I know we didn't get the last update due to an email address change how can I get the most recent version?

PM me the email used for payment and I'll get the latest version resent to you

When Tapatalk is installed, it breaks all permissions for the posting of new threads and posts within chat, So when Tapatalk is active every new post and thread gets a message in shoutbox even if the permissions are set so they should not do.

When Tapatalk is installed, it breaks all permissions for the posting of new threads and posts within chat, So when Tapatalk is active every new post and thread gets a message in shoutbox even if the permissions are set so they should not do.
I can confirm this, it really needs fixing, as sadly had to disable it atm.

Yep i have had to disable it also, because even know users can not access some the threads, the names of the threads alone might give details away from within our staff forum, whats never a good thing if a admin happens to a new thread about a bad user or something.

Np: m8, thanks for heads up, .. let me know I am currently using the free version and members like it so as a treat will get the Pro version for them.

Is there any way to lengthen the shoutbox?

Use one or more of the following in extra.css, adjusting height as necessary:

Full shoutbox:
.dark_taigachat_full #taigachat_box { height: 1234px !important }

Forum list shoutbox:
.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box { height: 1234px !important }

Sidebar shoutbox:
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_box { height: 1234px !important }

Reactions: DRE
@Luke, today, I've tried again to install v1.0.5 ; and this time it seems to work. :p Not sure what was the cause, but it's most likely to the varnish/nginx configuration ; probably data/ being as internal , don't remember. Anyway, it's working. Just telling.

Well :p, it's working for sure, meaning not having the error, but just noticed it takes again few seconds ( 4 or more ) to display a message. The previous was working fine.
Most likely a nginx config issue, but not sure what to change for your new version :
Code:
upstream backend    { server    unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock; }
upstream memcached    { server    127.0.0.1:11211; }

server
{
    listen        8080;
    server_name    www.cs-amx.fr;

rewrite ^    http://cs-amx.fr$request_uri? permanent;
}

server
{
    listen        8080;
    server_name    cs-amx.fr;

root        /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs;
    index        index.html index.htm index.php;

charset    utf-8;

add_header    "X-UA-Compatible"            "IE=Edge,chrome=1";
    add_header    "Access-Control-Allow-Origin"    "*";

location = /robots.txt    { allow all; log_not_found off; access_log off; }
    location = /favicon.ico    { log_not_found off; access_log off; }
    location ~* (^|/)\.        { deny all; }

location ~ /(internal_data|library)
    {
        internal;
    }

#error_page 404 = @rewrite;

location /
    {
        try_files    $uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args;
    }

location ~ ^/(attachments|albums|qus)/(.*)$
    {
        rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?$1&$args last;
    }

location ~* (\.|-)(?:jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|gz|svg|svgz|mp4|ogg|ogv|webm|css|js|ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff|ico)(.*)?$
    {
        expires    max;
        access_log    off;
        add_header    Cache-Control "public";
    }

location ~ \.php$
    {
        try_files                $uri /index.php;

fastcgi_pass                backend;
        fastcgi_index                index.php;
        fastcgi_split_path_info        ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$;

fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO        $fastcgi_path_info;
          fastcgi_param PATH_TRANSLATED    $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;

include                fastcgi_params;
    }

And :
Code:
http
{
    include            mime.types;

default_type            application/octet-stream;

log_format                  main '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] $request '
                        '"$status" $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                        '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for" "$gzip_ratio"';

set_real_ip_from        127.0.0.1;
    real_ip_header        X-Forwarded-For;

sendfile            on;
    tcp_nopush            off;
    tcp_nodelay            on;
    keepalive_timeout        5;
    types_hash_max_size        2048;
    server_tokens            off;

gzip                off;

client_body_buffer_size 10m;
    client_max_body_size 16m;
    client_body_temp_path  /var/spool/nginx/client_temp 1 2;

port_in_redirect off;

include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
}

The delay in the options are the default one : 2/5/10.
You can check the chat on the forum with testuser/azerty.

Any help is welcomed, I don't want again to revert back to previous version :p.

Great modification & I am looking to purchae the pro version. Is there expectation to include more "rooms" or tabs in a feature release?

For example, larger boards with 40-50 people in the shoutbox will see a large amount of posts. Before I converted from vbulletin I used DBTECH VBShout. It allowed admins to create more rooms like "Chat 1, chat 2, etc. If one room was too crowded the users would move over to the next.

Thank you for your time & consideration.

Your friend
~Gg

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I've had taigachat for over a year and never had a problem until today when I noticed that the delete function doesn't work. Permissions are still the same.

What's up with that?

edited to add: I see now the problem is just in firefox. Is there a fix for this or do I have to upgrade?

ack, sorry, the problem is with an old style.

Nevermind :giggle:

Noticed an issue the other day where private threads were showing up in the chat (show new threads only enabled via forum activity display options). This was set to a normal registered user account I made to inherit the registered users group permissions, however when I noticed private threads were appearing in chat I switched it to 0 for guest, but today another private thread appeared in chat.

Running the latest version of the addon - not sure if this has happened before and I've just never noticed it or if it's a new issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

In a future version can you add shoutbox announcements for new media submitted in Xenmedio like how new threads can be announced currently?

By any chance in future can we have Sticked post within shoutbox ? I know MOTD can be used for that purpose but people hardly seems to notice it there.

Top Bottom