TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

my chatbox seem to load too low down the page, i then need to scroll up to see the entire box. Any idea how to make the full box load inside the page? Basically on load the bottom half of the box is all that is shown. Thanks

*edit, even if I adjust the shoutbox height to 150, 100 or 50 the result is the same, the box height doesn't seem to change..

Last edited:
my chatbox seem to load too low down the page, i then need to scroll up to see the entire box. Any idea how to make the full box load inside the page? Basically on load the bottom half of the box is all that is shown. Thanks

*edit, even if I adjust the shoutbox height to 150, 100 or 50 the result is the same, the box height doesn't seem to change..

The full shoutbox height is only adjustable by CSS, in EXTRA.css add:

Code:
#taigachat_full #taigachat_box { height: 400px !important; }

So, I have been using Taiga Chat Pro for weeks, website at http://www.pioneer2.net/community/

All has been fine but this morning I woke up to it not working anymore. Shows no users in chat, doesn't show the MOTD, or anything. Rest of my site is fine. No one else can change the config or code and I'm on vacation in Mt. Shasta. Any idea what could have caused this or how to fix it?

So, I have been using Taiga Chat Pro for weeks, website at http://www.pioneer2.net/community/

All has been fine but this morning I woke up to it not working anymore. Shows no users in chat, doesn't show the MOTD, or anything. Rest of my site is fine. No one else can change the config or code and I'm on vacation in Mt. Shasta. Any idea what could have caused this or how to fix it?

It seems the speed mode cache files have ended up completely blank, which is causing a javascript error and preventing any of the taigachat code from executing

Try deleting the folder /data/taigachat, then toggle Speed Mode off and on again

I tried it but it didn't help. I deleted the folder and off and on. I wonder if someone sent a corrupted message or something?

I got it back. I ended up deleting the contents of dark_taigachat and its activity SQL table.

Not sure what happened. I backed up the tables before truncating them. Would you like me to send them to you to see if maybe you can spot what the deal was?

Edit: also, no, it didn't work with speed off before truncation.

I got it back. I ended up deleting the contents of dark_taigachat and its activity SQL table.

Not sure what happened. I backed up the tables before truncating them. Would you like me to send them to you to see if maybe you can spot what the deal was?

Edit: also, no, it didn't work with speed off before truncation.

Yes that would be good

So I hit this little Arrow Top right of Taiga Box, never noticed it before, made Taiga Chat take up entire website... now its making everything on the left column take up the entire website, and It wont let me click it again to make it go back to the normal size.. anyway to disable this?

If I set cron job every hour it will archive same messages, duplicate content, is there any way to avoid this ?

Last edited:
Is it possible to have an admin panel option to override all users name color?

Currently all user names are grey, I want to make them something more visible.

Hi,
is it possible to set different colours to even/uneven messages?
I don't want to allow the users to change colours on their own, but to improve readability, it would be good, if every second post would had another colour.

So I hit this little Arrow Top right of Taiga Box, never noticed it before, made Taiga Chat take up entire website... now its making everything on the left column take up the entire website, and It wont let me click it again to make it go back to the normal size.. anyway to disable this?

That is not built-in functionality, it must be part of your custom theme

Please create a quick unban option with a list of bans from shoutbox.

It takes a little bit of manual setup, but the 'Ban group ID' option provides that functionality without duplicating existing Admin CP functions for group management and batch updates etc.

Hi,
is it possible to set different colours to even/uneven messages?
I don't want to allow the users to change colours on their own, but to improve readability, it would be good, if every second post would had another colour.

In EXTRA.css: (adjust colours as necessary)
Code:
#taigachat_box li:nth-child(2n) { color: #f00 !important; }
#taigachat_box li:nth-child(2n+1) { color: #00f !important; }

If I set cron job every hour it will archive same messages, duplicate content, is there any way to avoid this ?

The cron is designed to only be run daily

Is it possible to have an admin panel option to override all users name color?

Currently all user names are grey, I want to make them something more visible.

In EXTRA.css:

Code:
#taigachat_box .username { color: #f00; }

How do you unban someone from the chat? Or even see who was banned?
I understand about the groups option but if someone was banned before this was set up. How do you tell?

Hey great addon, got it a few months working nice. Question:

- Any way to make the avatars larger? Even... Only show avatars and not nicks. That would be something cool if you want to show the chat to non registered users, but not allow them to see the nicknames.

- My other question was related, I now have the chat for non-registered users to see. But I want to protect the nicks of the people commenting from non-registered uers.

Is there any way to "censor" them?

Even if its a dirty css code like A line going trough the name. Or ****** password style. Whatever its easier.
Maybe even force non-registered users to see a fake name like "Player(1)" or something lol ;)

- Where can I change the code to make a custom dirty-myspace-tumblr custom scrollbar style thingy?

I found this for a tumblr scrollbar, i guess it applies to taiga too? lol
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical {
background-color: #000000; /*color of main scrollbar*/
height: 50px; /*height of scrollbar*/
background-image: url('URL HERE'); /*optional*/
}
::-webkit-scrollbar {
height: 0px;
width: 3px; /*width of the slider*/
background-color: #FFFFFF; /*color of the slider*/
}

Thanks