TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Thanks, I've commented it out for now and will closely monitor any complaints from my android users. The font is now displaying ~11pt instead of 5pt-ish which is a huge improvement for me.

Just FYI, the issue on android is the opposite - font becomes extremely large and scrolling to bottom if 'reverse direction' is enabled completely breaks (it forcibly scrolls to the middle). Both issues could be considered mobile webkit bugs (the former is less likely though), and I haven't yet checked if recent mobile chrome updates have resolved the issue.

I am def going to buy this when I get home from work. Do I need to install 1.1.3? I am still on 1.1.2 (Many edits for the subscription system)

LOVE all the options, /PRUNE the most!

My live forum runs 1.1.2, so you will have no issues :)

Quick question: This shows the server time right? Is there a way to show the "a moment ago, a minute ago etc" format using this template hack? Reason being that the server time is not always the user's time, and showing it like xf does would make most sense so it's the same for everybody.

Quick question: This shows the server time right? Is there a way to show the "a moment ago, a minute ago etc" format using this template hack? Reason being that the server time is not always the user's time, and showing it like xf does would make most sense so it's the same for everybody.

It will show the time in relative format ("a moment ago" etc.) and will follow the user's timezone, however it is text-only as it is part of a tooltip and may not update without refreshing the page unlike other places where similar time format is used.

You can use any other format if you want by basically following the syntax that is used in the standard inline time display in the same template.

Reactions: NDM
Is anybody else having the popup problem shown below?

popupchat.png

The only BBcode that is showing up is for the smiley's.

Coming at you in conversation.

Have had a look through and it seems you have an issue in your custom CSS that is causing about half the file to be totally ignored by browsers. I've put it through the w3c css validator and I really can't see where the error is, sorry. The amount of invalid CSS generated by XenForo for IE support will make this very difficult to debug. It's not really a taigachat issue, it's just being triggered by the exact css that the popup view is including. If temporarily emptying EXTRA.css doesn't help, you would need to go through any other CSS edits carefully to ensure there is not a malformed comment or something else that might cause the latter half of the file to not be parsed.

Have had a look through and it seems you have an issue in your custom CSS that is causing about half the file to be totally ignored by browsers. I've put it through the w3c css validator and I really can't see where the error is, sorry. The amount of invalid CSS generated by XenForo for IE support will make this very difficult to debug. It's not really a taigachat issue, it's just being triggered by the exact css that the popup view is including. If temporarily emptying EXTRA.css doesn't help, you would need to go through any other CSS edits carefully to ensure there is not a malformed comment or something else that might cause the latter half of the file to not be parsed.
:oops:
.message .messageText a {
color:...}

It makes a difference if you leave a closer off the CSS code huh? :D
Took it all out and one section at a time back in until the problem cropped up.
Thanks for the help!

I disabled the error redirect and just get a standard 404 nginx error. and there isn't anything in the xenforo error logs.
Woah, weird issue:
l/xenforo/taigachat/activity.json" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 2602:306:ccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6e:351a, server: xe
I have ipv6 disabled. Could that be it?
UPDATE
nevermind, people with ipv4 are having the same issue and pop up in the error log.

So should that file exist?

Looking at your site this appears to be a server configuration or cloudflare issue

If there is nothing in the xenforo or php error logs, you would need to look into what is causing the redirect to /error.php. Nothing in TaigaChat references that file
Hey Luke... your so fast on getting stuff fixed (not quite like Mike tho'), would you like to set up my VPS for me... hehehehehehe:coffee: .
Just kidding... again, thanks for the help in troubleshooting the CSS error I had.

I disabled the error redirect and just get a standard 404 nginx error. and there isn't anything in the xenforo error logs.
Woah, weird issue:
l/xenforo/taigachat/activity.json" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 2602:306:ccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6e:351a, server: xe
I have ipv6 disabled. Could that be it?
UPDATE
nevermind, people with ipv4 are having the same issue and pop up in the error log.

So should that file exist?

Have you got a static file cache related directive in your nginx config that includes the .json extension? This can stop it from reaching php when the file doesn't exist (the file should not exist)

I'm actually surprised xenforo hasn't broken elsewhere, as the .json extension is used in other ajax calls

Have you got a static file cache related directive in your nginx config that includes the .json extension? This can stop it from reaching php when the file doesn't exist (the file should not exist)

I'm actually surprised xenforo hasn't broken elsewhere, as the .json extension is used in other ajax calls
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking :C
Do you mean mime.types, since the defined type is in there and correct. I've never had an issue with any other chatbox, including dbtech's and vsa, and I've used both on this setup.
The only issue that I'm aware of is that index.php/something/blah doesn't work, so unless your plugin uses something like that, I have no idea what to say :C

Also JS files are served on a sub-domain, maybe some type of access-origin issue?

I'd like to buy this addon but I tried to install the free version first and it broke my xenhabla installation. I started getting this error:

A controller for the route path chat/ was not found.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Top Bottom