TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I don't like having a lot of groups and I already have several. Is there an easier way?

You can do permissions directly on a user too, though it's probably better to use groups really.

Currently this is the only way, and the best option overall compared to e.g. a list of forum ids in terms of flexibility and reinventing the wheel.

Curious about something...

If I wanted to extend the ability of the shout box to display my own list of actions performed by members, or include actions from other add-ons, would I look at the "DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php" file?

Possibly add a method simliar to the "save" method, such as "postFoobar", which is called whenever I want to add a message "Dave just foobarred such and such" to the shoutbox?

I run nginx+php-fpm on both my dev and live servers, not sure why it's suddenly broken for you. Will check if anything relevant has changed.

I'm stubborn and will try again to install the latest version soon.

Could you share your nginx config minus the irrelevant part ?

I get this error when importing the widget:
  • Invalid Widget Position specified: hook:forum_list_nodes. The position must be a list of existing templates' name (separate by comma).
  • Please enter a positive whole number.

Curious about something...

If I wanted to extend the ability of the shout box to display my own list of actions performed by members, or include actions from other add-ons, would I look at the "DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php" file?

Possibly add a method simliar to the "save" method, such as "postFoobar", which is called whenever I want to add a message "Dave just foobarred such and such" to the shoutbox?

You would need to hook the appropriate model, and yeah use the same structure as the 'save' method in that file

I'm stubborn and will try again to install the latest version soon.

Could you share your nginx config minus the irrelevant part ?

Code:
    server {

root ...;

include globalserver.conf;  (static file caching etc, nothing relevant)

rewrite ^/xenforo/admindav.php /xenforo/admindav.php;

location /xenforo {
try_files $uri $uri/ /xenforo/index.php?$uri&$args;
}

location /xenforo/(data|internal_data|library)/ {
internal;
}

}

And possibly relevant globals from http block:

Code:
    sendfile        on;
    tcp_nopush    on;
    tcp_nodelay      off;

# Size Limits
    client_body_buffer_size  64k;
    client_header_buffer_size 4k;
    client_max_body_size      8M;

# Timeouts
    client_body_timeout    60;
    client_header_timeout  20;
    keepalive_timeout      60;
    send_timeout            60;

gzip  off;

fastcgi_connect_timeout 60;
    fastcgi_send_timeout 120;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 300;
    fastcgi_buffer_size 64k;
    fastcgi_buffers 4 64k;
    fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 128k;
    fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 128k;

fastcgi_cache off;

I get this error when importing the widget:
  • Invalid Widget Position specified: hook:forum_list_nodes. The position must be a list of existing templates' name (separate by comma).
  • Please enter a positive whole number.

That usually means your Widget Framework is out of date

Not sure if it's just me but I think all the screenshots in the Description are broken.

Dodgy kernel update has taken my server out of action - unfortunately my colocation provider isn't very good and doesn't offer 24/7 support so will be a few hours before it's back.

I use the chatbox alot at another site who purchased it and I have found that when you have multiple styles (dark styles/light styles) and many other coloured styles people will choose font colours that may look okay on the style they are using but when your viewing it on another style you can't read the font or what they're saying. I think the following suggestion is vital (if it can be done) as alot of the times it's impossible to read what people are saying when a site has multiple styles all of which are different colours.

Suggestion: A locked colour font feature that a member can use so all fonts remain the colour they choose for all text in chat. This colour will only be seen by whomever picked this colour and won't affect the colour the other user picked. This would make it so that if another user selected a colour that can't be read or is hard to read on style-x they can input a hexvalue in or something like that. Hopefully that made sense.

I made a small change to the script for my forum, others may find it useful as well.

New thread node whitelist
Enable debug mode by editing library/config.php and adding this:
PHP:
if(in_array($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], Array('203.0.113.47', '203.0.113.154'))) {
    $config['debug'] = true;
}
Replace 203.0.113.47 and 203.0.113.154 with whatever IPs you and your other developers are using. You should comment out or remove these lines once you are finished.

Go to the TaigaChat Pro settings, and click Add Option and fill these in:
Option ID: dark_taigachat_whitelist
Add-on: TaigaChat Pro
Title: Whitelist
Explanation: A comma delimited list of node IDs to whitelist.
Default Value: 0
Display in Groups: TaigaChat Pro 345
And click save.

Add the nodes you want to the whitelist setting, example:

Edit library/Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php and add this
PHP:
if(
    $options->dark_taigachat_whitelist != '0' &&
    !empty($options->dark_taigachat_whitelist) &&
    $dark_taigachat_whitelist = explode(',', $options->dark_taigachat_whitelist)
) {
    if(!in_array($thread['node_id'], $dark_taigachat_whitelist)) {
        $ok = false;
    }
}
before
PHP:
if($ok){

You should now be able to whitelist which nodes can have their new threads be displayed in the shoutbox. This is great when you have a section dedicated to mindless off-topic spamming.

Also, suggestions:
WebSocket with AJAX fallback for realer realtime!
More permissions checking as mods can ban admins from the shoutbox currently.
Change file extension of messages.html and messagesmini.html to .json.
A way to undo the persistent message colour once it has been set.

That's a great idea.

An option I'd also like to see is to expand the "display new threads" "display new posts" options as permission based. So you could have admins/mods see new posts and threads, but maybe regular users just see new threads, and guests see neither.

I'm going through old posts here to find out why my "who's in chat" widget isn't working, although it's enabled. Probably something simple, does it only work with [bd] Widget Framework?

I use the chatbox alot at another site who purchased it and I have found that when you have multiple styles (dark styles/light styles) and many other coloured styles people will choose font colours that may look okay on the style they are using but when your viewing it on another style you can't read the font or what they're saying. I think the following suggestion is vital (if it can be done) as alot of the times it's impossible to read what people are saying when a site has multiple styles all of which are different colours.

Suggestion: A locked colour font feature that a member can use so all fonts remain the colour they choose for all text in chat. This colour will only be seen by whomever picked this colour and won't affect the colour the other user picked. This would make it so that if another user selected a colour that can't be read or is hard to read on style-x they can input a hexvalue in or something like that. Hopefully that made sense.

I'll jump in here again Luke. And add on this suggestion. Perhaps a button titled "Nightime Mode" or something along the lines like you see on tablets where it makes it easier for you to read your ebooks with regards to the font colour clash i describe above. Again, I'm not sure if this is possible or something you'll entertain but this would be a great feature to have on sites using multiple styles where font colour clashes with the background.

Any hints on how to change the css to make multi-lines show up as a block instead of continuing the text below the username?

Would look so much better :)

Thanks for the XenPorta support Luke. Really makes things a whole lot easier. :)

Any plans on what might be coming in the next version of this add on?

Any hints on how to change the css to make multi-lines show up as a block instead of continuing the text below the username?

Would look so much better :)

If I'm understanding you right, it was changed to that in 1.0.5. If you're already on the latest version, you may need to revert some taigachat templates

Has anyone else encountered tiny text when using Chrome and Linux?
Ever since the last Pro upgrade, my Linux/Chrome users are all seeing tiny text that does not get larger on ctrl+. Firefox is fine.

Chrome view: (tiny)
Screenshot from 2013-03-02 19:57:31.webp

FF view: (normal)
Screenshot from 2013-03-02 20:00:56.webp

Hi Luke,

I have an issue where my shoutbox archive thread does not load. I just click on it and and it tries to load......... The CPU usage immediately cranks up to red:

GPmH5h6.png

Any idea what might be causing this? Could it be a server issue?

Hi Luke,

I have an issue where my shoutbox archive thread does not load. I just click on it and and it tries to load......... The CPU usage immediately cranks up to red:

GPmH5h6.png

Any idea what might be causing this? Could it be a server issue?

Turns out that this is the error when it times out:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/technolo/public_html/library/Tinhte/XenTag/Helper.php on line 32

Top Bottom