TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Have read all 31 page of the thread so far but didn't see an answer for this one...

How do I disable the automatic display of the chatbox on forum home/index? For now I would prefer just being able to reach it via the URL and not have it displayed inline.

Have read all 31 page of the thread so far but didn't see an answer for this one...

How do I disable the automatic display of the chatbox on forum home/index? For now I would prefer just being able to reach it via the URL and not have it displayed inline.

I believe it doesn't automatically display there. For it to display there, you either need to use the manual template edit instructions or the widget framework instructions. :)

If the relevant permissions are set, it will be reachable via the URL.

I believe it doesn't automatically display there. For it to display there, you either need to use the manual template edit instructions or the widget framework instructions. :)

MMmm....... I wonder then if the prior owner of the site we recently took over had the edits in place and it was picked up when we re-installed a fresh copy of chat (they had it installed in the past but removed it).

I'll take a look around the edits to the style to see if that is the case, thanks. :)

MMmm....... I wonder then if the prior owner of the site we recently took over had the edits in place and it was picked up when we re-installed a fresh copy of chat (they had it installed in the past but removed it).

I'll take a look around the edits to the style to see if that is the case, thanks. :)

The edit would be in the forum_list template, for the exact code see the fresh installation instructions

The edit would be in the forum_list template, for the exact code see the fresh installation instructions
Followup... the prior owner had a XenPorta widget configured and is why it is showing. Thanks for the info'. :)

Now if can ask a new one. :D How can I reset users text color settings back to the defaults. We are working on a different style and the colors that some users have selected now clash; I'd like to reset everybody's personalized color selections back to the defaults.

Followup... the prior owner had a XenPorta widget configured and is why it is showing. Thanks for the info'. :)

Now if can ask a new one. :D How can I reset users text color settings back to the defaults. We are working on a different style and the colors that some users have selected now clash; I'd like to reset everybody's personalized color selections back to the defaults.

Run this query:

Code:
update xf_user set taigachat_color = ''

hey any idea why the shoutbox goes to the bottom of the page ???
2XIfX.png

Curious, we are sym linking our data dir and then cdn'ing.
If we disable the cdn and enable Speed mode all works fine. The moment we enable CDN and leave enabled Speed Mode on, it fails.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Bug
I'm using custom non-avatars in my custom style. In Shoutbox are default avatars (non-avatar-set) from xenforo original style shown instead of the as default set custom style non-avatar-set.

Can you please fix this?

Curious, we are sym linking our data dir and then cdn'ing.
If we disable the cdn and enable Speed mode all works fine. The moment we enable CDN and leave enabled Speed Mode on, it fails.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Speed mode likely won't be compatible with any CDNs due to the speed at which the file updates, unless they have a very short TTL

If you need to CDN the data folder, add an exception for data/taigachat if possible

Bug
I'm using custom non-avatars in my custom style. In Shoutbox are default avatars (non-avatar-set) from xenforo original style shown instead of the as default set custom style non-avatar-set.

Can you please fix this?

Will fix this for the next version. As a temporary fix you can either disable speed mode or overwrite the xenforo default avatar images.

hey any idea why the shoutbox goes to the bottom of the page ???
2XIfX.png

Can you link me to where this is happening, as I don't quite understand what is wrong from the screenshot

hi,

I've an issue on the taigachat block used on xenporta :

http://www.badakla.net

sidebarstyle.webp

The title style is not loaded ... I don't know why it stopped been charged.
If anyone knows how to resolve it ... he would be very helpfull !!

Best regards

Any way around this one...

A user is at the main index page which is showing an embedded chat box. Logged in users can see the box, guests can not. The user remains on the page until their session times out and they are logged out. When they then click on anything on the page a pop-up box comes up saying they don't have permission to the chat box. They click on the close button of the pop-up and try to click on anything, gets pop-up box again. Only way out seem to be to navigate away from the page entirely.

If you need to CDN the data folder, add an exception for data/taigachat if possible

can you elaborate on the adding the exception part?

Also, after moving the thread that the shout box posted to via the admin account, it stopped posting to it all together. I have created a new thread to see if it resumes.

quick question: how to show persistent message color button ?

It's controlled by the user permission 'Use persistent message color'

hi,

I've an issue on the taigachat block used on xenporta :

http://www.badakla.net

View attachment 46867

The title style is not loaded ... I don't know why it stopped been charged.
If anyone knows how to resolve it ... he would be very helpfull !!

Best regards

Looks fine from here, I guess you got it fixed?

Any way around this one...

A user is at the main index page which is showing an embedded chat box. Logged in users can see the box, guests can not. The user remains on the page until their session times out and they are logged out. When they then click on anything on the page a pop-up box comes up saying they don't have permission to the chat box. They click on the close button of the pop-up and try to click on anything, gets pop-up box again. Only way out seem to be to navigate away from the page entirely.

I keep forgetting to fix that, will have it sorted for the next release :)

can you elaborate on the adding the exception part?

Also, after moving the thread that the shout box posted to via the admin account, it stopped posting to it all together. I have created a new thread to see if it resumes.

It would depend on your CDN, I've got very little experience with CDNs so unfortunately I can't be of any more help

And I've not seen that issue before, the only way that could happen is if the thread ID changed somehow

It's controlled by the user permission 'Use persistent message color'

Looks fine from here, I guess you got it fixed?

I keep forgetting to fix that, will have it sorted for the next release :)

It would depend on your CDN, I've got very little experience with CDNs so unfortunately I can't be of any more help

And I've not seen that issue before, the only way that could happen is if the thread ID changed somehow
that is set to YES. Now how do I set the color ?

Can there be an option in the user control panel where they can disable the chatbox?
Not all of my members want to use it and it's slowing down the main page for them.

Thanks

Maybe a suggestion for the next release - how about a command that runs the daily clean up cron. e.g. /cleanup or /archive? That would be handy if you don't want to wait for the cron to go.

Top Bottom