TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

oops sorry, I must of sounded quite rude. I want to u/g my forums to v2.03 but am looking at the add on u/g available prior to doing so and this is looking my best option unless tiaga gets the rebuild...

I'm having that issue some other people mentioned years ago where the chat will sometimes not always scroll all the way down when a new message is posted, partially obscuring the last message. I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you!

Edit: I made the plunge and went for chat by siropu. I wish I hadn't spent my money on this...

Last edited:
Seeing as this hasn't been updated for years, I don't see any reason to buy this.. You have siropu chat, which is promptly updated and the dev is fixing bugs super fast. Make the jump.

I'm trying out Discord for my community and see if they enjoy its far expanded capabilities for chat or whether they'd prefer the onsite chat system more. We'll see in a few months how it goes.

I'm trying out Discord for my community and see if they enjoy its far expanded capabilities for chat or whether they'd prefer the onsite chat system more. We'll see in a few months how it goes.
Depends on you community, I guess. I have a lot of older users and I'm pretty sure a lot of them have never used Discord and wouldn't appreciate having to learn it and communicate off site. But maybe if I offered them movie nights or something on Discord, hmm... Good luck!

Depends on you community, I guess. I have a lot of older users and I'm pretty sure a lot of them have never used Discord and wouldn't appreciate having to learn it and communicate off site. But maybe if I offered them movie nights or something on Discord, hmm... Good luck!
Yeah it's definitely a trial, I have a wide range of age groups and technical capabilities. Something offsite that requires an additional login is certainly a detractor, but there's lot of nice stuff in Discord.

Depends on how sociable/gregarious you are too, I guess. Personally, I don't want to find myself in a situation where all my members are always wanting me to voice chat with them. I know there are text only channels but not sure if you can completely get rid of the voice channels...? Even if you can, there would be people asking, "Why can't we talk?" I have to pass on that. ;)

Can't think of why it would need to be anyway, since likely everything would be covered under the rules governing the forum. But maybe I'm overlooking something.... :confused:

@Luke F Are there any plans for a GDPR update for Taigachat or Taigachat Pro?

Care to explain what has this add-on got to do with the GDPR? In what way exactly? What are you expecting the dev to do? how is that add-on going to respect or violet users privacy? Do people really think before talking!

You guys are overestimating the so called GDPR.

Top Bottom