TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I have TaigaChat Pro (1.1.0) in use on another skin (whisper2), but for some reason it doesn't show up under Blackend.
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Hey Luke,

Is the ability to include multiple rooms removed ? and do you plan on including it in the future ?

A basic system for multiple rooms is described on the first post of the thread. For a more complete solution, there is also this third party addon: [Nobita] Room Chat for TaigaChat Pro | XenForo Community

I have TaigaChat Pro (1.1.0) in use on another skin (whisper2), but for some reason it doesn't show up under Blackend.
What am I doing wrong?

You likely need to apply the template edits to each style

You likely need to apply the template edits to each style
I looked through the templates of Blackend and compared it with Whisper2, and both were the same.
Not sure what I am not seeing as I do not know how to code at all....

I have a navbar tab visible and functional working on the Blackend Style, but I still cannot get it to show up at the top of the main forum page as I do with Whisper 2.

Last edited:
taigaissues.webp Hi Luke,

Just paid for this addon, looks great. Only issue, the BB code buttons appear dark blue on black. What setting on our style do I need to change to adjust this? As it makes them almost impossible to read. Please see the attached image.... thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.. it looks great, but I can't view the image in that thread. I tried to register and they said I didn't meet the registration requirements. o_O

Could you possibly post the image here for me please?

I'm not quite sure what the registration issues are, but I have posted a simple FAQ on how to achieve exactly what you'd like:

On/Off Switch Preferences - Custom User Fields

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Another issue;
When I use a Dark style the shoutbox shows up as this;

Snip20150702_3.webp
It is nearly impossible to read the buttons and the background is blinding when next to the black.....

Also how do I change the name of the tab in the navbar from Shoutbox to chat?

Thanks much!

Last edited:
I looked through the templates of Blackend and compared it with Whisper2, and both were the same.
Not sure what I am not seeing as I do not know how to code at all....

I have a navbar tab visible and functional working on the Blackend Style, but I still cannot get it to show up at the top of the main forum page as I do with Whisper 2.

In that case you would need to contact the style author, as that could only happen if the necessary navigation template hook has been removed

Another issue;
When I use a Dark style the shoutbox shows up as this;

View attachment 110142
It is nearly impossible to read the buttons and the background is blinding when next to the black.....

Unfortunately again that is an issue to take up with the creator of the style, the colours are so significantly wrong that the style must make nearly no use of the XF colour palette. You will probably be able to get acceptable results by adjusting the colour palette values yourself in the admin CP.

View attachment 110147 Hi Luke,

Just paid for this addon, looks great. Only issue, the BB code buttons appear dark blue on black. What setting on our style do I need to change to adjust this? As it makes them almost impossible to read. Please see the attached image.... thanks!

Add to template EXTRA.css:

Code:
.taigachat_bbcode { background: #ccc !important; }

(adjust colour as necessary)

have i the opportunity to list all the chat history?
As Page not thread / post

The only archive for reviewing chat history is via normal posts. This is to facilitate easier searching, navigation etc.

Unfortunately again that is an issue to take up with the creator of the style, the colours are so significantly wrong that the style must make nearly no use of the XF colour palette. You will probably be able to get acceptable results by adjusting the colour palette values yourself in the admin CP.
Add to template EXTRA.css:
Code:
.taigachat_bbcode { background: #ccc !important; }
(adjust colour as necessary)
This code snipet solved my issue as well! Thanks

Last question, How, if allowed under copyright, can I change the tab in the navbar from saying Shoutbox to Chat?

Thanks much!

That's a style issue - not an add-on issue.
Code:
#taigachat_controls .taigachat_bbcode {
background-color:red;
color:white;
}
will resolve it. Color to fit your needs.

I tried that code but it did not work.
You may have to put an !important after it like this
Code:
#taigachat_controls .taigachat_bbcode {
background-color:red !important;
color:white !important;
}

I don't have it installed on any of my forums so can't check for sure. You may need to remove the #taigachat_controls but shouldn't need to.

Top Bottom