• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a setting I change or a USER can change so that a BELL or other alert will happen whenever someone posts something to the ShoutBox?

The addon for xenporta doesnt work since the release of 1.5 today, any chance we can get an update?
i get this when trying to add it.

Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Model/Templates.php at line 75
  2. EWRporta_Model_Templates->importAdminTemplatesXml() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 225
  3. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->installBlockXml() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 180
  4. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->installBlockXmlFromFile() in EWRporta/ControllerAdmin/Blocks.php at line 169
  5. EWRporta_ControllerAdmin_Blocks->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mcraft/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Great Mod!

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to add this chat box in the side bar of XenMedio home page, as well as on the sidebar when someone is watching the video as well so they can constantly chat?

Thank You!

The addon for xenporta doesnt work since the release of 1.5 today, any chance we can get an update?
i get this when trying to add it.

Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Model/Templates.php at line 75
  2. EWRporta_Model_Templates->importAdminTemplatesXml() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 225
  3. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->installBlockXml() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 180
  4. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->installBlockXmlFromFile() in EWRporta/ControllerAdmin/Blocks.php at line 169
  5. EWRporta_ControllerAdmin_Blocks->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mcraft/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I have changed the XML for XenPorta 1.5.
I also asked Dark for permission. Since I didn't get a response, I take it as positive.
Here's my xenPorta_TagiaChat.xml (unsupported):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<block title="TaigaChat" cache="now" uninstall_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" install_callback_class="" url="" version_id="1" version_string="1.0.0" block_id="TaigaChat">
<options/>
  <template>
  <![CDATA[<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />]]>
  </template>
</block>

I also asked Dark for permission. Since I didn't get a response, I take it as positive.
Code:
<block title="TaigaChat" cache="now" uninstall_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" install_callback_class="" url="" version_id="1" version_string="1.0.0" block_id="TaigaChat">
<options/>
  <template>
  </template>
</block>
Ya, i had made the changes already since I've made a couple blocks during beta.. I get the same error above with the code you pasted. Just to note, im using 1.1b4 also

Code:
<options/>
  <template>
  </template>
</block>

Try with
PHP:
<block block_id="TaigaChat" title="TaigaChat" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="http://8wayrun.com/" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options/>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
  <template title="EWRblock_TaigaChat"><![CDATA[<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>

See http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-161#post-284494

Salud2

I made a new addition to this piece of excellent software.

when someone presses it, it stops refreshing the shoutbox for them. When they press it again, it resumes. This allows people to scroll up and read scrolled up messages in peace. the refreshes would force the shoutbox to scroll to the bottom, ruining their reading/catching up

declare button
Code:
var b = $('<button id="pause_refresh_cycle" class="button taigachat_bbcode xenForoSkin" style="width:95px;height:25px" onclick="pauseRefreshes()">Pause refresh</button>');

append to this element
Code:
<div id="taigachat_toolbar" style="display: block;">
by
Code:
$('#taigachat_toolbar').append(b);

button calls function that changes
Code:
var taigachat_is_paused = false;
to true, or false if it is true. Function also changes the button name to reflect state of this variable.

this is the function:
Code:
function pauseRefreshes(){
  if(taigachat_is_paused){
    taigachat_is_paused = false;
    $('#pause_refresh_cycle').attr('value','Pause refresh');
  }
  else{
    taigachat_is_paused = true;
    $('#pause_refresh_cycle').attr('value','Unpause refresh');
  }
}

The variable (taigachat_is_paused) acts as a switch for the line of code
Code:
refreshShoutbox(false, false, false);
in the function checkRefresh();

it is changed to this:
Code:
if (!taigachat_is_paused) refreshShoutbox(false,false,false);

To Use:

1. Download file.
2. Get rid of the txt part (what's up with that? It wouldn't let me choose all files!)
3. Upload to (Xenforo_root) /js/dark
4. Enjoy! (or get upset with me)

Disclaimer: I bear no responsibility for any harm. Do what you want with this code.

Attachments

Is this fix safe to use on a Shared Webspace? Because my Provider is monitoring the Server, and i dont want to get suspended caused high Server Load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom