• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run it on 110b3 at xenfans just fine. Via an upgrade - even an older version I think.

I run it on 110b3 at xenfans just fine. Via an upgrade - even an older version I think.
Just installed it and it works, though I can't seem to delete messages from it with an admin account even though I gave admins full permissions on it...

EDIT, nevermind I figured it out! Great add on!

Just installed it and it works, though I can't seem to delete messages from it with an admin account even though I gave admins full permissions on it...

EDIT, nevermind I figured it out! Great add on!
Hard refresh the Shoutbox (SB) screen, or forumhome wherever you've got it showing. The CTRL+F5 keys on a PC.
You should be seeing the dropdown arrow at the left hand side of the SB text entry, if you're not seeing it, it's likely to be a permissions thing and/or another modification conflict.

Prolly answered already in 62 pages' worth of posts - if so, beg pardon... (if so, begging link...)

How do I give users rights to edit their own chat lines prior to archiving the transcript (i.e. give them that inverted triangle button that I as an admin have for everybody's shouts)?

Prolly answered already in 62 pages' worth of posts - if so, beg pardon... (if so, begging link...)

How do I give users rights to edit their own chat lines prior to archiving the transcript (i.e. give them that inverted triangle button that I as an admin have for everybody's shouts)?

You can set this up inside usergroup permissions just like stock features like the ability to edit/delete posts.

Scroll down past the stock options, it should be near the bottom of the list somewhere. :)

It stopped working in 1.1.0 beta 4 btw. It shows in the sidebar, but without content.

I found the issue, it was on our end. Shoutbox still works just fine with 1.1.0 beta 4. Sorry about that.

I have this on my site and my users are asking about a text color picker drop down instead of having to manually type in a color.. most don't even know how to do that.. any ideas on how to get one to show up in the shoutbox?

http://circleix.com/dev/

I have it in the sidebar on Home page and above the footer (bottom of forum) on my forum page.
We have just gotten Xenforo and are trying to get it all set up so we can convert our old site to this one..

Smilies appear blank in preview box, but they display fine in the shoutbox. I double checked all my files were uploaded.. what else could I check?

I have this on my site and my users are asking about a text color picker drop down instead of having to manually type in a color.. most don't even know how to do that.. any ideas on how to get one to show up in the shoutbox?

http://circleix.com/dev/

I have it in the sidebar on Home page and above the footer (bottom of forum) on my forum page.
We have just gotten Xenforo and are trying to get it all set up so we can convert our old site to this one..

HydraulicJack Well-Known Member

New

Yes please... Likewise for my community.​

Seems that Taigachat's smilie pre-view doesn't play well with XF1.1 sprite sheet (I have the same problem with my setup).

Oh well, I'll patiently be waiting for a fix :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom