TaigaChat - AJAX Shoutbox [Deleted]

If I've installed the optional files/block for Xenporta, does that make the other template edits not work? I have added the template edit to include the chatbox above the forum list, but it does not show up (the block works on the front page though).

So, I've put <xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />in the forum_list template right under <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" /> but it doesn't appear on the forum at all :(. What's going on here?

So, I've put <xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />in the forum_list template right under <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" /> but it doesn't appear on the forum at all :(. What's going on here?

I found this in another part of the thread:

"Either turn on the global hook option (not really recommended) or in dark/taigachat/listeners/frontcontrollerpreview.php, replace XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index with XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum"

I used the option that I bolded, worked a charm

I found this in another part of the thread:

"Either turn on the global hook option (not really recommended) or in dark/taigachat/listeners/frontcontrollerpreview.php, replace XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index with XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum"

I used the option that I bolded, worked a charm

Thanks a ton for this one, Staxed! I was really bummed out that I couldn't use Shoutbox but now it's up and running. My players love it so far.

Hi. I am totally new to xen. Totally stoked so far. Migrating from phpbb3 was a breeze.

I have the chat working fine but for some reason my message input box is on the top of the chat window in my sidebar. How do I move it to the bottom?

I have not seen a demo or someone else's site either that shows it on the top.

EDIT: Ok I flipped the reverse order and its on the bottom but I would rather not reverse the order of the messages. Is this doable?

EDIT 2. Ok got that resolved but I seem to be missing a file to use this with BD Widgets?

thanks,
Nigel

Last edited:
Works great on my end. The chat was one of the first things I had working. There is a piece of code you have to manually add to something to get it show above or below the boards.

Additionally. I have found you typically have to go check your permissions. Even as admin I had to grant myself access to see it if I remember correctly. I have had to do that with most mods though.

hope that helps,
Nigel

Got a link? I may have to actually look at your setup. I am still on the default theme so I have not had too many issues. I have it working on both the forum and xenporta as well though.

Happy to try to help.
Nigel

Ahh there we go; I had to edit the taiga chat options and add the words oops -_-

Code:
<span class='mceIcon mce_bold'>bold</span>:[b][/b]
<span class='mceIcon mce_italic'>italics</span>:[i][/i]
<span class='mceIcon mce_strikethrough'>strike</span>:[s][/s]
<span class='taigachat_bbcode_color'>color</span>:[color=][/color]
<span class='mceIcon mce_image'>img</span>:[img][/img]
<span class='mceIcon mce_link'>url</span>:[url=][/url]

Top Bottom