TaigaChat - AJAX Shoutbox [Deleted]

Uncheck the reverse option and edit the dark_taigachat_chatbox template.

Find this:
Code:
        <xen:if is="!{$taigachat.reverse}">
            <xen:include template="dark_taigachat_controls">
                <xen:map from="$taigachat" to="$taigachat" />
            </xen:include>
        </xen:if>

<div id='taigachat_box' class='<xen:if is="{$taigachat.thumbzoom}">taigachat_thumbzoom</xen:if>'<xen:if is="{$taigachat.sidebar}"> style='height: {xen:raw $taigachat.height}px'</xen:if>><ol></ol></div>           

<xen:if is="{$taigachat.reverse}">

Replace with this:
Code:

<div id='taigachat_box' class='<xen:if is="{$taigachat.thumbzoom}">taigachat_thumbzoom</xen:if>'<xen:if is="{$taigachat.sidebar}"> style='height: {xen:raw $taigachat.height}px'</xen:if>><ol></ol></div>           

Uncheck the reverse option and edit the dark_taigachat_chatbox template.

Find this:
Code:

Replace with this:
Code:

thanks for the reply but I couldnt get your code to work :( probably just me? I got it working by doing the following :-

find:-

Code:

and put it directly under :-

Code:
                        <h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link '{$taigachat.route}'}">{xen:phrase dark_shoutbox}</a></h3>         
                    </div>     
                </div>

so it looks like :-

Code:
                        <h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link '{$taigachat.route}'}">{xen:phrase dark_shoutbox}</a></h3>         
                    </div>     
                </div>

<xen:else />
                <h3><a href='{xen:link '{$taigachat.route}'}'>{xen:phrase dark_shoutbox}</a></h3>

hopefully that wont cock anything else up

got bunch of these yesterday...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: filemtime(): stat failed for js/dark/taigachat.js - library/Dark/TaigaChat/Helper/Global.php:51
Generated By: Unknown Account, Saturday at 4:27 PM
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'filemtime(): st...', '/home/mella/pub...', 51, Array)
#1 /home/mella/public_html/library/Dark/TaigaChat/Helper/Global.php(51): filemtime('js/dark/taigach...')
#2 /home/mella/public_html/library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php(12): Dark_TaigaChat_Helper_Global::getTaigaChatStuff(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), 'index')
#3 [internal function]: Dark_TaigaChat_EventListener_FrontControllerPreView::listen(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#4 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(154): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#6 /home/mella/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "http://forum.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Great. How can I be able to place my shoutbox onto an external website? For example, I want to place it in an html box on my USTREAM channel page so that the same shoutbox works on both the Ustream site as well as our Forum (have same discussions but not use Ustreams chatbox but rather the Taichatbox)?

Hi. I know you're not offering any support for the unpaid version but I was just wondering if you might know why it is causing a conflict with another addon that I had designed? This is the error I get when I try to access my BF3 ezStats2 addon:
An exception occurred: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/forumck/public_html/library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php on line 11
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/FrontControllerPreView.php at line 11
  2. Dark_TaigaChat_EventListener_FrontControllerPreView::listen()
  3. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  4. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in Dark/Kotomi/FrontController.php at line 46
  5. Dark_Kotomi_FrontController->runKotomi() in Dark/Kotomi/KotomiFooter.php at line 2
  6. require() in /home/forumck/public_html/ezstats2_bf3.php at line 17
Any ideas? When I disable the shoutbox, the ezStats2 works...

I'm having issues finding out how to delete messages in the shoutbox... I verified I have the right perm nodes.

:( Hello, very nice job! but i can't make the global hook work. Added template code to page_container template and already stick to the Global Hook option but nothing displayed.

Anyone used this successfully?

:( Hello, very nice job! but i can't make the global hook work. Added template code to page_container template and already stick to the Global Hook option but nothing displayed.

Anyone used this successfully?
Make sure you have set the permissions.

Make sure you have set the permissions.

Already set permission to view or message the chatbox, it appears when i add to forum_list template, but not work with the global template (in this case, i want to display the chatbox at all pages -> added to page_containter).

Update: it doesn't work with page_container template, but other template's ok. Tried with the ad_forum_view_above_node_list and worked! thanks.

So I had this app open all day on one of my forums and I came back later that eve and the site had crashed before the session table was to large.
Is there a way to kill the session after X time, otherwise this isn't a good mod for me or my clients.

Thanks

So I had this app open all day on one of my forums and I came back later that eve and the site had crashed before the session table was to large.
Is there a way to kill the session after X time, otherwise this isn't a good mod for me or my clients.

Thanks
has anyone else has this happen?
The supporters were starting to like this chat, will this happen in the paid version?

Thanks

has anyone else has this happen?
The supporters were starting to like this chat, will this happen in the paid version?

Thanks

Activity is implemented using a custom table now rather than the xenforo session/activity tables, so it should work.

If you had the chat readable by guests, then that was almost certainly the cause and it will be fine in the pro version.

Activity is implemented using a custom table now rather than the xenforo session/activity tables, so it should work.

If you had the chat readable by guests, then that was almost certainly the cause and it will be fine in the pro version.
Is this setup on the free version here? or would I have to go with the paid version to reduce that session table issue.

The chat is only setup for a small group of users now, not guest.

Thanks for the reply Luke Foreman!

Is this setup on the free version here? or would I have to go with the paid version to reduce that session table issue.

The chat is only setup for the "supporter group" right now, I was actually just testing it out for a client but the members seem to like having a place to chat since there really isn't a section on my forum for the typical "hey hows your day going" post.

Thanks for the reply Luke Foreman!

It's only in the paid version, though I'm surprised you're getting the issue at all without guests accessing the shoutbox. Have you capped mysql memory table RAM usage at a very low level, or do you have very little free RAM? This is the first I've heard of the issue.

It's only in the paid version, though I'm surprised you're getting the issue at all without guests accessing the shoutbox. Have you capped mysql memory table RAM usage at a very low level, or do you have very little free RAM? This is the first I've heard of the issue.
I'm not sure how much ram I have off hand, I know our host just sold to a larger host. I know we had 1024MB before, should be the same now.

I'll pick up the paid version and install it in a few :)

That uses the same message text class as the main forum.
Do you have grey post text also?

Otherwise you can edit the dark_taigachat.css template and edit the last line adding a colour.

Rich (BB code):
.primaryContent_chat { border-bottom: none; padding: 0; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #000000;}
Add the bit in red, change the colour to suit

Is there anyway to throw this into a extra.css ?

I seem to recall that some css changes weren't applied using EXTRA.css so I had to edit the CSS templates directly.

I can't remember if that was one of them.

Top Bottom