Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support

Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support [Paid] 2.6.0 Beta

No permission to buy (£35.00)
I tried to add a tag that is more times used in the forum and got error:

avForumsTagEss_tags_are_not_permitted_in_this_forum

There is nothing ion the black-list.
I couldn't start to diagnose the issue without more information, sorry. I would suggest you triple check the settings.

Where the word must be to produce this message, please?
The blacklist is empty.

Thread1: No tags, add "testtag" => this error message
search for the tag, have it nine times

Thread2: has this tag, edit, save or edit, add something new, save => everything ok.

Thread1: added "hgsluwzeo287u" as tag, no problem.

Somewhere must be this word "testtag" and something avoids to save it, when it is new added.

Last edited:
No; there is nothing. No blacklist, no list nowhere.
but there is a problem since a long time.

When I add a new forum and try to give tags to this forum, i get sometimes "tag exists", cant use it.

And this makes no sense, because i want to use a tag for threads in a forum, and it does not matter if a tag exists or not.

Next step will be to check if the "problem word" is used in a forum,
then look for another one and check if there is the same problem for this other word.

No; there is nothing. No blacklist, no list nowhere.
but there is a problem since a long time.

When I add a new forum and try to give tags to this forum, i get sometimes "tag exists", cant use it.

And this makes no sense, because i want to use a tag for threads in a forum, and it does not matter if a tag exists or not.

Next step will be to check if the "problem word" is used in a forum,
then look for another one and check if there is the same problem for this other word.
Messaging you privately.

Is there a way to retroactively auto tag threads?
Yes, using batch update threads, but with the tag matching in the title only. Not using ChatGPT. The reason is because it could be costly. You tag thousands of threads and you could rack up a significant bill.
Having said that, you can set monthly limits in your OpenAI account and if you hit them, I guess the ChatGPT API will return nothing and the tagging process will fail. This has never been tested.

Yes, using batch update threads, but with the tag matching in the title only. Not using ChatGPT. The reason is because it could be costly. You tag thousands of threads and you could rack up a significant bill.
Having said that, you can set monthly limits in your OpenAI account and if you hit them, I guess the ChatGPT API will return nothing and the tagging process will fail. This has never been tested.
hmmm I have "Suggest Tags from thread title" checked but after rebuilding threads from tools page I'm not seeing any tags for threads.

The tags need to exist already. So the process searches the titles for existing tags and adds them.
If you're not getting any tags added, then that points to tags not existing that match any of the words in the thread titles.
That's the first place I would look.

The tags need to exist already. So the process searches the titles for existing tags and adds them.
If you're not getting any tags added, then that points to tags not existing that match any of the words in the thread titles.
That's the first place I would look.
gotcha, I'm looking for net new generation since my users don't usually add tags, most of my threads are tagless

hmmm still not working for me. I added two "tags" into a title. Ran the thread rebuild and the tags weren't added.

hmmm still not working for me. I added two "tags" into a title. Ran the thread rebuild and the tags weren't added.
There are lots of options which could stop tags from being added. Permissions and all sorts. Please check those, and if they don't work, I'll need to have a look at your forum with admin access, so you'll need to message me login details privately.

does this addon work for XFRM auto tag?
Broadly speaking, I create addons for use on my forums including AVForums. Which is reassuring for purchasers of them because my addons are used on a big forum.
Since I don't use the Resource Manager or the Media Gallery addons, I have no reason to support them in the functionality of my addons. I'm happy for other people to fund the support of those addons in mine, however.
Hence auto tag only applies to threads.

Broadly speaking, I create addons for use on my forums including AVForums. Which is reassuring for purchasers of them because my addons are used on a big forum.
Since I don't use the Resource Manager or the Media Gallery addons, I have no reason to support them in the functionality of my addons. I'm happy for other people to fund the support of those addons in mine, however.
Hence auto tag only applies to threads.

Thanks for the answer, who would I engage about this development to discuss cost and timelines?

Hello,

can it be that the TAG Watch function currently no longer works. You get neither an alert nor an email when a new thread has been posted. Maybe someone can confirm this, if not it is our forum.
Thanks for the help and answers!

Currently used version: 2.4.1
Xenforo version: 2.2.13

Hello,

can it be that the TAG Watch function currently no longer works. You get neither an alert nor an email when a new thread has been posted. Maybe someone can confirm this, if not it is our forum.
Thanks for the help and answers!

Currently used version: 2.4.1
Xenforo version: 2.2.13
I don't think so, @Klaus54.
Started watching a few common tags earlier and have had these alerts come through:

1.jpg
So I would look elsewhere for the issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom