Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support

Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support [Paid] 2.5.7

No permission to buy (£35.00)
Think he's specifically meaning the people who just respond to every add-on request with inflated prices, or my personal experience lowball and try to inflate the price later on.
Exactly this. The same people reply with huge prices and show in their reply they haven't actually read/understood what your request is so give little confidence they'd actually be capable of it.

I'm all for paying people experienced a decent amount!

Enable tag cloud with up to X tags:

Think you need to search for that.
This option is a base feature for Xenforo tagging and not for the add-on. The tag cloud appears to only show on the tag search page. I haven't found any way to have the tag cloud on the forum page or others. Is there a widget available?

For those trying to set up the tag cloud...

When creating your widget make sure that you specify the tag category to be included. Even if you're not using tag categories then be sure to select the (None).

1638596507250.webp

(I'm working on changes and ran into the same thing. 😁)

Looks like that your addon adds a second form_field in the threads batch part of the acp; now the search doesnt work for tags.

Looks like that your addon adds a second form_field in the threads batch part of the acp; now the search doesnt work for tags.
Could you expand on what you mean, please?
I just did a search for threads containing a particular tag and it worked fine by producing a search result containing threads with that tag.

Try

/admin.php?threads/batch-update

Maybe you will find the form-field "tags" two times. If i deactivate your addon, the second field at the end disappears.
Maybe i have a problem with another addon, maybe it is your addon. I cant test it now.

Try

/admin.php?threads/batch-update

Maybe you will find the form-field "tags" two times. If i deactivate your addon, the second field at the end disappears.
Maybe i have a problem with another addon, maybe it is your addon. I cant test it now.
I only have one field. What other tag related addons do you have?

I only have one field. What other tag related addons do you have?
I can confirm the same as Robert9, it's coming from an admin template modification in Tag Essentials (helper_thread_search_criteria). When enabled it adds a new "Search tags" search field to the bottom of the batch update threads screen resulting in two 'tags' search fields, the stock one near the top and and a second one near the bottom.

I haven't looked at the code yet but from a quick test the Tag Essentials input seems to give the same results as the stock field.

XF Stock option (near the top of the bulk threads screen)
1640853950436.webp

ES added option (at the bottom of the bulk threads screen)
1640853800195.webp

I can confirm the same as Robert9, it's coming from an admin template modification in Tag Essentials (helper_thread_search_criteria). When enabled it adds a new "Search tags" search field to the bottom of the batch update threads screen resulting in two 'tags' search fields, the stock one near the top and and a second one near the bottom.

I haven't looked at the code yet but from a quick test the Tag Essentials input seems to give the same results as the stock field.

XF Stock option (near the top of the bulk threads screen)
View attachment 262663

ES added option (at the bottom of the bulk threads screen)
View attachment 262662
This would imply that stock XF added the Search Tags field near the top after tag essentials was created.
This is one for @Xon to have a look at and remove the tag search field added by the addon.

Your addon helps, but it needs some small options, please:

1. You addon stops other addons from workin, while tags from your blacklist should be handled.
Here i would like to have an option

a) dont care for blacklist, when called from other addons ( if possible?) => XFA tags addon!
b) dont block, just delete blocked tags from incoming tags (this would help a lot) (but can maybe confuse people, if two tags are needed and they write two and one gets lost.)
c) sometimes i read: cant go on, while a tag is backlisted, but i cant find this tag on both blacklist tables, very funny.

And now the worst thing: If i use the list to delete tags and work on page 123, then i am redirected to page 1 after sending the form.
This steals too much time to find and click the next page i need to work on. This needs a redirect to the same page i was before. (maybe by option, if other people like it like it is)

If i understand it right, the addon allows me to have tags for prefixes?
(or is it the other addon?)

Anyway. It seems that i cant add tags to a prefix when they still exist.

But what this means? That there is a table for these tags? Ok.
But why i should not use cats as a tag for three prefixes like red cats, blue cats, green cats?

What is the sense of this?

Tag Essentials allows you to block tags. This functionality works fine. I don't use any other tag addons and I don't guarantee that other addons that work on tags will work with Tag Essentials.
And now the worst thing: If i use the list to delete tags and work on page 123, then i am redirected to page 1 after sending the form.
This steals too much time to find and click the next page i need to work on. This needs a redirect to the same page i was before. (maybe by option, if other people like it like it is)
The tag management page in Xenforo software is enhanced by Tag Essentials to add the Wiki and Blacklist options. Deleting tags returning the user to the first page is standard Xenforo functionality. I agree with you that it's annoying, but it's a failing in the core software, not Tag Essentials.
If i understand it right, the addon allows me to have tags for prefixes?
Yes, you can set default tags to be added when creating a thread with a specific prefix.
Anyway. It seems that i cant add tags to a prefix when they still exist.

But what this means? That there is a table for these tags? Ok.
But why i should not use cats as a tag for three prefixes like red cats, blue cats, green cats?

What is the sense of this?
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.

I really like the Tag Essential's "Tags cloud" Widget, but I noticed that it doesn't display all the tags that I would expect in the subforums even if it is below the entered limit of tags.

I'm not completly sure what is the cause. Just speculating, but maybe the filters get applied in the wrong order.

Instead of filtering all the tags 1) from the particular forum node and 2) limit them to the entered limit, it might 1) limit the tag results to the entered limit and then 2) filter it to the occurrence in the particular forum node, which leads to less results and missing tags.

Or maybe it has something to do with problems regarding the limit settings.

I'm not completely sure that this is what happens, but something seems wrong with the results and maybe it could be related to something like this? @Stuart Wright could you please take a look? Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom