Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support

Tag Essentials - with AI auto tagging and XFRM support [Paid] 2.5.7

No permission to buy (£35.00)
Sorry, another question: Is it possible to "pre fill" the tag field with a custom link? I would like to create a new button in tag view which says something like "Post new thread with tag XYZ".

I have a "question" about the "Watch tag" feature. In my opinion (and thats what i thought how it works) it would make way more sense to have a list with all the content that where tagged with the watched tag. So when i watch the tags "Audi A4" and "Ford Mustang" i will have a mixed list with all the recent content that where posted with those tags.

By that, you could have a content discovery with only the topics (content) you like (watch).

Reactions: HJW
I have a "question" about the "Watch tag" feature. In my opinion (and thats what i thought how it works) it would make way more sense to have a list with all the content that where tagged with the watched tag. So when i watch the tags "Audi A4" and "Ford Mustang" i will have a mixed list with all the recent content that where posted with those tags.

By that, you could have a content discovery with only the topics (content) you like (watch).
Yeah I'd really like this too.

At the moment the watched tag seems to just show when something was tagged.

My users want to watch a tag and then all the threads appear in the threads you're watching widget.

My users want to watch a tag and then all the threads appear in the threads you're watching widget.

Exactly! With this you could follow all the topics you are interested and you don't have to care about the "boring" stuff! In my opinion this is a must have (and would be a game changer for me)!

Reactions: HJW
Exactly! With this you could follow all the topics you are interested and you don't have to care about the "boring" stuff! In my opinion this is a must have (and would be a game changer for me)!
Yep, it'll probably only be a few lines of code to make the watched threads widget show all the threads from tags people are watching, but it's above my ability :LOL:

There appears to be a minor caching issue with synonyms (as tested with 2.3.1):

To reproduce​

1. Create a new thread and add a tag 'foo'
2. Create a new tag 'bar' using the control panel, and add 'foo' as a synonym

Expected result​

The thread should now display the 'bar' tag

Actual result​

The thread continues to display the 'foo' tag. If you click it, you get 'No results found.' If you go to edit the tags, you see 'bar' correctly. As far as I can tell, the xf_tag_content has the correct association with bar, but the tags cache in the xf_thread table is out of date.

I think possibly the XF:TagRecache job needs to be enqueued for all synonym tags when making updates?

(It'd also be neat if synonym'ed tags (when they have no results?) redirected to their 'parent' tag)

Sorry, another question: Is it possible to "pre fill" the tag field with a custom link? I would like to create a new button in tag view which says something like "Post new thread with tag XYZ".
Not at the moment

I really like this idea. Maybe put Watched Threads and Watched Tags into separate tabs in the Watched page. @Xon?
There appears to be a minor caching issue with synonyms (as tested with 2.3.1):

To reproduce​

1. Create a new thread and add a tag 'foo'
2. Create a new tag 'bar' using the control panel, and add 'foo' as a synonym

Expected result​

The thread should now display the 'bar' tag

Actual result​

The thread continues to display the 'foo' tag. If you click it, you get 'No results found.' If you go to edit the tags, you see 'bar' correctly. As far as I can tell, the xf_tag_content has the correct association with bar, but the tags cache in the xf_thread table is out of date.

I think possibly the XF:TagRecache job needs to be enqueued for all synonym tags when making updates?

(It'd also be neat if synonym'ed tags (when they have no results?) redirected to their 'parent' tag)
@Xon?

I really like this idea. Maybe put Watched Threads and Watched Tags into separate tabs in the Watched page. @Xon?
Id put them in the same thing and update watched threads and watched threads widget to show all threads watched either by watched thread or watched tag.

Would probably be pretty quick to do and my users really want it, but way out of my skillset :LOL:

Also, could you explain how synonyms and canonical tags work? I thought a synonym is routing to the "main" tag but instead it seems it's a stand alone tag with no benefits.

Also, could you explain how synonyms and canonical tags work? I thought a synonym is routing to the "main" tag but instead it seems it's a stand alone tag with no benefits.
Synonyms exist to route the use of commonly type tags to a single canonical tag.
So for example, we have people using a variety of terms to mean 4k UHD. See below.
If people use uhd or ultra hd or ultra high definition in a thread title, then the 4k uhd (ultra hd) tag will be used.

1.webp

Ok, i see. Thanks for clarification. :) But the tag pages of uhd, ultra hd and ultra high definition are still visible, right? In my opinion that doesn't make sense because you don't have new content under those tags.

And if you change all old threads who are tagged with uhd to use the new uk uhd (ultra hd) tag, the tag page from uhd says there is no content within that tag.

Ok, i see. Thanks for clarification. :) But the tag pages of uhd, ultra hd and ultra high definition are still visible, right? In my opinion that doesn't make sense because you don't have new content under those tags.

And if you change all old threads who are tagged with uhd to use the new uk uhd (ultra hd) tag, the tag page from uhd says there is no content within that tag.

@Stuart Wright, so is this the right behaviour?

But so there won't be any new content with uhd, ultra hd and ultra high definition tags (because in all the cases the 4k uhd (ultra hd) tag is used what makes those tag pages obsolete in my opinion.

One more glitch: When i'm on a tag page of a synonym (ultra hd in your example) i see a lot of old content but no reference to the "main" tag at all. How do i know that this is only a synonym of another tag?

Guess i have to find a way to route those obsolete tags to the main tag.

Last edited:
I'm getting a blacklist error when adding a tag.

FYI: I have no tags in the blacklist

It seems to be happening on existing tags only, I have to add the tag to the blacklist and then remove to be able to add an existing tag.

Error:
Code:
Some tags are blacklisted. Please change the following tags: golden teacher

It seems to be happening on existing tags only, I have to add the tag to the blacklist and then remove to be able to add an existing tag.

Error:
Code:

Do you have permission to add tags? Are you running the latest version?

Error:
Code:
Are you using the "Restrict addition of tag to threads in these forums" feature for the tag?

I get the same "Some tags are blacklisted" error if I try to use a tag restricted to a specific forum in a different forum. It would be helpful if there was a different error message in that situation.

Also, I think I found a bug @Stuart Wright. I have a tag restricted to a series of forums. But I realized today that people are able to add forum-restricted tags even outside of that forum, but only when doing it while starting a brand new thread. If they edit the tags on an existing thread, than the tag restriction holds.

Top Bottom