• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Tag checkboxrow contains an unexpected child element.

jmurrayhead

I'm attempting to add a template but am getting the error in the subject. Just to be sure, I tried the checkboxrow sample from the addon guide and get the same error.

Code:
<hr class="formRowSep" /><xf:checkboxrow label="" name="demo_portal_auto_feature" value="{$forum.demo_portal_auto_feature}">    <xf:option value="1" label="Automatically feature threads in this forum">        <xf:hint>If selected, any new threads posted in this forum will be automatically featured.</xf:hint>    </xf:option></xf:checkboxrow>
Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly here?

jmurrayhead

Ok...two things. First off, I was trying to put a checkboxrow inside another checkboxrow :oops:

Secondly, it does not like that I was trying to add an xf:eek:ption to an existing checkboxrow in the template. I was able to get it to work by defining my own checkboxrow with my single option. It is kind of disappointing I can't add an option to preexisting options and have to create a whole new row for just one option, but I'll take it.

jmurrayhead

And...I just took this one step further to get the result I wanted. I ditched the html template, thus, not needing xf:include, and used xf:eek:ption tag directly in the replace text. This gives me exactly the result I wanted and makes the addon folder slightly smaller ;)