Toyota Tacoma Forum || Tacoma3G

Saw that you had some downtime. What host are you using? I am working on a forum like yours but don't want to throw money at it since it's a hobby.
A2 Hosting. They are generally good, and their support is top notch, but the downtime you saw and a few other instances where I felt like I couldn’t load my site (but everyone else could) have me wondering if I should switch. They said that recent downtime was due to an extremely high server load and I was only able to fix it by rebooting the server. But why would that happen? Who knows.

this.png
There's a better way of doing this. If it was me, I would use less nodes and perhaps use the built-in prefix system. Or even the tag system can be used in a different way to achieve something more cleaner than a bunch of nodes like that!

That is my only advise. Otherwise, your site looks great!

View attachment 216862
There's a better way of doing this. If it was me, I would use less nodes and perhaps use the built-in prefix system. Or even the tag system can be used in a different way to achieve something more cleaner than a bunch of nodes like that!

That is my only advise. Otherwise, your site looks great!
Thanks for the feedback.

I know that big list looks like crap but each vendor needs to have their own section. There’s a lot of huge companies in that list that wouldn’t be happy if I changed it.

I am looking at ways to display the list better, however. I’m just trying to decide how I want to go about it.

Code:
.node-subNodeFlatList {
    >li {
        display: inline-block;
        margin-right: 0;
        float: left;
        width: 50%;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        vertical-align: middle;
        white-space: nowrap;
    }
}

Try adding that to Extra.less and see how it looks! I don't have any sub forums so I can't test it, so feel free to tell me and I can try sort it out bit better!

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I’ll try it when I get home.

In what way does it modify it?
It puts the sub categories into columns, looks neat and easy to read. But you might need to play around with the 50% maybe try a lower value, possibly 40 or 30. I would also suggest using the sort button top right on the nodes page and put your ‘list’ in alphabetical order. Would also help find things more easier.

It will look something like this

Attachments

• 8DFF9FD1-FF60-472F-9D11-70D94DE52CC7.webp
    8DFF9FD1-FF60-472F-9D11-70D94DE52CC7.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 13
It puts the sub categories into columns, looks neat and easy to read. But you might need to play around with the 50% maybe try a lower value, possibly 40 or 30. I would also suggest using the sort button top right on the nodes page and put your ‘list’ in alphabetical order. Would also help find things more easier.

It will look something like this
That does look good.

I have never noticed that sort button. Does it just change the display order number automatically for you?

That does look good.

I have never noticed that sort button. Does it just change the display order number automatically for you?
Unfortunately not. You will have to manually do it, but the sort button helps you do it quicker by moving nodes seamlessly!

Top Bottom