Third party Tables/Table rows can not be deleted from mobile browser

Andro

Affected version
2.1.x
Hitting backspace/cancel on mobile keyboard does nothing. If you have content on table, it can remove that but not the whole table or its rows. Empty table stays.

I have tested it on Opera mobile, Chrome for Android and both having same issue. So table removal isn't possible on mobile/touch devices without going to source mode and remove BB code tags.

On desktop devices:

Clicking in any cell in the table opens a context toolbar. There's a trash can icon on it. This removes the table or its rows.

Unfortunately, this appears to be an intentional design decision (or one driven by technical requirements). I've spent some time looking into this via the Froala source code and they specifically disable the cell management system on mobile. I hacked it so the system was enabled but it didn't work properly. This is quite possible due to touch navigation not totally working with some of the approaches the table system uses to handle things like selections and so on.

So unfortunately, not much we can do here. I'd guess it's unlikely to see this be supported in a future Froala release.

ABC
DEF

The same goes for tables on PC (Win 10/Chrome)

Edit: This is for 2.1 but I'm reporting 2.2. Should a bug report be opened for 2.2?

I should have clarified. My response primarily referred to the popup that appears on desktop and it not appearing on mobile. I don't think the behavior of backspace causing table deletion is one that is really intended, particularly as it's exposed via the table edit popup. The lack of the popup is the primary issue there, though see my previous post for details on that.

Beyond that, removing the table on mobile can be done by highlighting the table and then backspacing (you may need to include something before and after it). It's tedious but I mention that mostly as a workaround (other than toggling the BB code editor of course).

Top Bottom