XF 1.1 Tables locking? Anyone else?

Marc

Hi Guys,
anyone else had any problems with table/row locks since updating to 1.1? Just asking first as nothing to really report as a bug as I am only associating the timing of what is occuring with when I updated at present.

Locks always happen - it's just the nature of a RDBMS. InnoDB differs from MyISAM in what it locks (page level locking based on rows scanned vs table level locking).

How are you observing the locks?

Locks always happen - it's just the nature of a RDBMS. InnoDB differs from MyISAM in what it locks (page level locking based on rows scanned vs table level locking).

I know locks always happen LOL, was referring to them causing issues (ie never ending). Struggling to track them down tbh as its completely locking up mysql so I cant even get on it to see whats happening.

Cheers for that fast reply btw Mike :)

Gonna have a look through the logs tonight see what I can see. As I said, there is every possibility its nothing to do with the software and just coincidentaly timed which is why I thought I'd ask if anyone else had noticed anything.

Some of tables were knackered .... All is fine and xenRosey now :)

Unfortunatly it wasnt what my host thought it was. Still got the same problem and leaving them locked at the moment whilst they look at it. Just trying to have a look at what is locking from phpmyadmin. To be honest Im not sure where else to look for locks. Im extremely good with sql server so I have a good understanding of the concepts of what its doing, but in mysql Im just lost :(

Looking at the sql queries Im thinking its a query that I amended for showing the 10 24hr to posters with the query

Code:
SELECT user.user_id,user.username,COUNT(Post_id) as message_count
FROM xf_post post
INNER JOIN xf_user as user ON user.user_id = post.user_id
WHERE message_state = 'visible' AND post.post_date >= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP()-86400) AND NOT ISNULL(user.user_id) $excludedusergroup
GROUP BY user.user_id
ORDER BY message_count DESC

Not being cached which is a massive mistake as its running on the forum homepage. Wasnt causing a problem before 1.1 update, but looks like how it may well be

Top Bottom