1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Table 'xf_permission_combination' doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by hultberg, May 1, 2013.

1. hultberg

hultberg Member

Hey, my forum www.buildnorge.no dosen't work right now because of this error:

Im very new to xenforo because the old manager of the forum has quit so please helt me a little here, what to do?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a xenporta error it appears.

Have you been editing the database at all or made any changes recently?

3. hultberg

hultberg Member

No, the database has not been edited after what I know. But conserning this error someone has been editing. Password is changed just for security.

4. ThunderBird2

ThunderBird2 Member

hultberg, can you go to your admin.php to uncheck the box- Set as Index Controller, it will show up as your homepage.

5. hultberg

hultberg Member

If you see at http://www.buildnorge.no/admin.php I can't access it..

6. Brogan

When did the problem start?

What was the last thing which was changed just prior?

7. hultberg

hultberg Member

Just recently I added a new rank and changed that ranks permissions. The most recent thing I can remember berfore this error came.

8. Brogan

If the table is really missing then you will need to restore from a backup.

9. hultberg

hultberg Member

I can't see any other, and the table is not there at all. Where can I find "backup?" I have not been managing the forum before as said before.

10. Brogan

It's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible to rebuild the table if you don't have a backup.

You will need to contact the host or previous owner.

11. ThunderBird2

ThunderBird2 Member

Interesting, just get rid of all files and re-store XenForo folders on your FTP, make sure it is working properly before uploading Porta, which itself complicated and annoying bugs.

12. Brogan

That won't help at all.
    The xf_permission_combination table is a core table.

13. hultberg

hultberg Member

There is no other way of rebuilding there mysql tables? Or is there somewhere I can lookup in the code when installing for the queries?

14. Brogan

The permission table is populated automatically based on users, user groups and permissions as you define them and the data is stored in blob format.

You need to get hold of a backup and determine how and when the table was deleted.

15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Rule #1 - regularly back up your database.
    Rule #2 - refer to rule #1. :D
    I run on a VPS and this is what I use now http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sypex-dumper-backup-and-restore-your-database.1102/
    Before that I just used phpMyAdmin.
    I'm in the process of setting up a cron job to just use mysqldump to automate the process and rsync with another server I have.