Not a bug Tab key bug in the posting editor

Affected version
Hi,

Accidentally pressing the Tab key while using the posting editor shifts focus away from the editor, so that the next press of a new line causes the unfinished text to be posted.

If this is intended as an accessibility function, there needs to be some visible change in the editor to indicate that focus is lost.

Windows10, Firefox.

cheers,

Martin.

There is.

Focused has a white background.

View attachment 260209

Unfocused has a blue background.

View attachment 260210

Thanks for the reply.

But that is a very faint change, at least for my ageing eyesight. I wouldn't call it "blue", maybe "ice". Many of my users are also older. I will see if I can find the CSS in the templates and change it.

Also, since I always have caret-browsing (F7) switched on in the browser, the caret continues flashing in the text with no obvious change.

Perhaps it needs a user option for Tab behaviour -- it would be handy to use it as a shortcut to the paragraph indenting function.

cheers,

Martin.

I'm not sure there's any changes to be made here. We'll take on board what you have said as feedback in case there are similar reports but the signals that focus is lost should be sufficient in the common cases, and changes can be made to your own site/style if needed.

Top Bottom