XF 2.2 System does not work after manual editing of purchased group

htsumer

A client of mine is buying Group B. Let the date of purchase be 22/11/2022 for example and the expiry date be 22/12/2022.
Now I'm manually moving this member from group B to group C.
It expires on 22/12/2022 after moving to group C but still remains in group C. It does not return to the root group.

For example, this member has a gold membership, but I manually changed it to Premium. 22/12/2022 should have dropped to the main group, but it doesn't.
1672006248065.png1672006336738.png1672006355357.png

Last edited:
Same here (or it just looks like the same).
Upgrade (usergroup "Premium) ended December 12
Users last login was December 31
But he is stil in the Premium Group.

"Rebuild user group promotions" does not change anything.

@Xon I have installed "Expiring User Upgrades 2.3.1" Maybe this causes the problem? Did disable the addon, run the rebuild job, noting has changed.

Hmmm

It expires on 22/12/2022 after moving to group C but still remains in group C. It does not return to the root group.
Why are you adding them manually?

If you manually move members to groups then they will not automatically be removed.

Let the promotion/demotion system handle it.

Manually adding to a "purchased" group has been problematic for the last decaede.

When you MANUALLY add ANYONE into a "purchased" group it does not work as "normal". The "systemic" process no longer applies.
Currently.. the ONLY way to maintain any 'promotions" or "moves" done this way is keeping a list and doing it manually.

Manually adding to a "purchased" group has been problematic for the last decaede.

When you MANUALLY add ANYONE into a "purchased" group it does not work as "normal". The "systemic" process no longer applies.
Currently.. the ONLY way to maintain any 'promotions" or "moves" done this way is keeping a list and doing it manually.

What does "manually adding mean"? Adding a user to a secondary (purchased) usergroup via the users profile?
Or adding it manually in the "user upgrades" system. See sreenshot

Screenshot 2023-01-03 110620.webp

Screenshot 2023-01-03 111521.webp

"Manually upgrade user" allows to set an end date. Does this work ot not?

he did not fall into the registered group,
There could be a language issue here, but note that neither the usergroup system nor the promotion or upgrade system is based on moving users from or to any group.

They stay in the primary group (ie Registered) and other groups are only added or removed as secondary groups.

So when an upgrade expires all that happens is the added secondary group is removed.

If it was already removed manually then obviously nothing changes on expiry.

If another secondary group was added manually then it will stay because it has no connection to that upgrade.

EDIT:

By the above I mean a secondary group being added to the users account manually, not an upgrade added manually

What does "manually adding mean"? Adding a user to a secondary (purchased) usergroup via the users profile?
Or adding it manually in the "user upgrades" system. See sreenshot

View attachment 279322

View attachment 279323

"Manually upgrade user" allows to set an end date. Does this work ot not?
It means exactly that.. if you manually add anyone into an upgrade process, the "normal" processing ceases to apply. Historically, once you manually add someone to a group (or promotion), the normal automated processing no longer applies, since there was manual intervention.
Could this have changed... yep, but I only speak to what I have seen in the past.

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I am running into the same issue. Upgraded a bunch of accounts as part of a user migration, and while the upgrade is removed at expiration date, it does not remove the secondary user group.

What is needed to allow the secondary user group to be removed at time of expiration as well?

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I am running into the same issue. Upgraded a bunch of accounts as part of a user migration, and while the upgrade is removed at expiration date, it does not remove the secondary user group.

What is needed to allow the secondary user group to be removed at time of expiration as well?
If you're using manually upgrade user with a set end date and it hasn't worked you need to open a bug report and provide more information.

Top Bottom