1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Syntax question

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by John, Jul 20, 2013.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

What would you folks suggest would be the appropriate way to structure a CSS statement where I have a custom style property trigger (on/off setting) that uses <xen: if is="@my property"> that I want to disable for a responsive width? In other words, I can't use display: none but it's the same principle.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can use <xen:if is="@enableResponsive"> to specifically select responsive styles.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Right, I'm aware of that, but I want to write a statement that overrides an existing <xen:if...> statement if responsive is enabled. That's what I'm asking.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh right, I misread your request.

So the style is responsive but you want to override or disable the responsive CSS?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Sorry, no. I have a feature of my framework that has an enabled/disabled option controlled via a <xen: if> statement, then just standard CSS options from there. In the responsive version I'm working on, I don't want it to function, even if it's set to enabled (which it is, by default). So, my question is, how does one go about doing that using the <xen:if is="@enableResponsive"> syntax.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Figured this out. Thread can be closed.