Syndol's Add-ons

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Hi there, I was just going to be buy today :(. Any way you plan to release premium or free or something? Some archived version?

You are welcome to purchase any of my add-ons but I cannot guarantee updates/support beyond a month or so.
Most people, understandably, want to know how long a paid add-on is supported for and since I'm unable to do that at the moment I've removed the purchase links.
This thread was just meant to inform everyone of this fact. I did not intend or expect it to turn into a eulogy - after all I'm not quite dead yet :) But it is nice to know I would be remembered fondly if I were so thank you all for that (y)

You are welcome to purchase any of my add-ons but I cannot guarantee updates/support beyond a month or so.
Most people, understandably, want to know how long a paid add-on is supported for and since I'm unable to do that at the moment I've removed the purchase links.
This thread was just meant to inform everyone of this fact. I did not intend or expect it to turn into a eulogy - after all I'm not quite dead yet :) But it is nice to know I would be remembered fondly if I were so thank you all for that (y)

We will not let you go. You're stuck here. :love:

:D

Syndol......
giphy.gif

Don't "retire" from add-on development . XenForo users love your work.

To be fair when you look at the thing the main three addons do, convo, user and moderator essentials, its hard to believe that the majority of these arn't core features of xenforo. There really shouldn't be a need for most parts of the addons

To be fair when you look at the thing the main three addons do, convo, user and moderator essentials, its hard to believe that the majority of these arn't core features of xenforo. There really shouldn't be a need for most parts of the addons
long time ago, when xf still in its dark age, you can have pseudo xf 1.2 with 1.1 + syndol addon :D

Hello,

would it be a idea, you lower the prices of your add-ons and make a clear notice that you dont can support them later?
So you can earn a litle bit money for your work and we can use/download so long the add-ons as she work with xenforo. :) A win-win situation. ;)

A shame to hear that. I was looking at buying the "Moderator Essentials" add-on (and perhaps other ones).

Update:
I may have found a developer to take over my add-ons in order to continue providing support, updates, and improvements.
However, in order to do this it will most likely mean introducing a yearly renewal fee, which does not currently exist, on the next update of each add-on.
This new fee will ensure that you continue to receive the same quality support, fast bug fixes, and consideration for new improvements and/or features.
Would this be an acceptable way to proceed in order to keep the add-ons alive as long as possible?

Update:
I may have found a developer to take over my add-ons in order to continue providing support, updates, and improvements.
However, in order to do this it will most likely mean introducing a yearly renewal fee, which does not currently exist, on the next update of each add-on.
This new fee will ensure that you continue to receive the same quality support, fast bug fixes, and consideration for new improvements and/or features.
Would this be an acceptable way to proceed in order to keep the add-ons alive as long as possible?

Sorry you have decited this way but I understand... I had purchased the Bookmarks addon from you @Syndol, while I'm not actively using it, a yearly renewal fee is justified. I'm just curios who will take it over.

Update:

I would higly prefer that YOU yourself continue to develop your add-ons AND charge a renewal fee for your work! There are only very few developers whom I would trust enough to accept them as your successor (and pay a renewal fee to them).

I still hope you'll deceide to continue with XenForo coding (prop. after a well deserved long vacation?).

Update:

I will miss you, you have provided much quality support since your first addon here.

However if you trust this user, this is accepted.

Is it @Chris D or @xfrocks?

Update:

I personally wouldn't pay a renewal fee Syndol mainly because now I just tinker with xenforo and don't run a community. But anything you decide, is fine in my books, and don't be a stranger otherwise they'll be some ass whooping a plenty. :) :D

Top Bottom