1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Sync Resource Like with attached 1st post like

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by arms, Apr 19, 2014.

1. arms

arms Active Member

As I see it, the resource and the 1st post of an attached thread are the same, But the likes are totally separate. How do we know the most liked resource? Is it the 1st post likes, the resource likes?

Maybe if you like the resource, it should propagate the 1st post like or vice versa.
    CallieJo and FredC like this.
  2. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I think they should stay separate. People like the resource, not the discussion thread. Plus not every resource category has a discussion thread associated with. On my repository I have no linked discussions, just a support forum link:
  3. CallieJo

CallieJo Active Member

I agree. The first post of the thread is nothing more than the resource info itself. Therefor, they should share the likes because they are the same information.

As it stands, there is no way to sort resources by likes. Unless I missed something. However, you can sort the threads by likes. But, the likes for the resource are not currently combined with the first post of the thread (which is the same thing as the resource).
    arms likes this.