Switching from Phpbb to xenForo?

First time poster so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong area or if the question is already answered elsewhere in the forum.

I am running a popular UK based phpbb forum and I am looking at migrating the entire forum lock-stock-and-barrel to the xenForo system.

I am likely to require a new host and C/Panel assistance as it goes beyond my knowledge base. My site currently has a gallery and uses Google adsence which I'd want to migrate with the rest of the forum. I will also require some layout reconfiguration which again, I will require some assistance.

Is this going to be possible? If so how much is it likely to cost?

Hi Martin,

XenForo doesn't provide any customisation or hosting services directly, so this kind of assistance would only be available from third parties. I can assure you that you will be able to find the assistance you need, however.

You can't post here yet, but this forum is where some third parties advertise such services:
Third-Party Services & Offers

Also, in terms of customising the layout, you may simply be able to obtain a pre-made style from the Resource Manager. These can vary in price - there are a lot of free ones but there are also some paid ones for sale:
Styles | XenForo Community

I've recently migrated a big phpbb board to xenForo. The process is pretty easy in terms of importing the data.
Have a look at the UI.X theme.... It's very very flexible and should help you get up and running fairly quickly. Audentio, who makes the UI.X theme are awesome guys too and they can tailor the site for you, pretty cost effectively.

Good luck with your move!

First time poster so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong area or if the question is already answered elsewhere in the forum.

I am running a popular UK based phpbb forum and I am looking at migrating the entire forum lock-stock-and-barrel to the xenForo system.

I am likely to require a new host and C/Panel assistance as it goes beyond my knowledge base. My site currently has a gallery and uses Google adsence which I'd want to migrate with the rest of the forum. I will also require some layout reconfiguration which again, I will require some assistance.

Is this going to be possible? If so how much is it likely to cost?

We don't have any UK based servers, I believe @MattW might be able to help you in that area, if you are interested in USA based servers, I might be able to help you, check our reviews out in my signature. I also might be able to help you with everything you need depending on what it is.

If not I recommend @Mike Creuzer of Audentio.com. He and his team are some of the best around when it comes to designing for xenforo.

I missed the UK bit. If you are UK based, then check out the hosting company in my signature. - they host some very big UK based boards (such as AVForums) and two of my own (pm me if you want urls) - I'm not affiliated with nimbus, I'm just an extremely happy customer.

Top Bottom