• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MG 1.1 Support KeyCDN?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The gallery stores its images in the attachment system, therefore considerations for a CDN would be more of a core XF feature than a separate XFMG feature. I believe there are various suggestions related to CDN integration. There may also be add-ons that extend XF to provide CDN functionality. [bd] Attachment Store is compatible with XFMG for example.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can't comment or provide support on that as I don't know how you have set up the CDN or how that's supposed to behave if it's part of an add-on. Obviously if it's part of an add-on, the add-on author will be better placed to provide support for that.

Robru

That's an easy answer Chris, Xenforo and you? are the creators of the addon XFMG.

My config.php for CDN looks like this:

Code:
// CDN support
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'https://caviaforum-1b6a.kxcdn.com/data';
$config['javaScriptUrl'] = 'https://caviaforum-1b6a.kxcdn.com/js';

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I was specifically referring to any CDN functionality, in case that was provided by a third party add-on. Obviously XF or XFMG can't advise you on how to set up a CDN. Aside from the config values in the code above which we provide, I can't vouch for how you are synchronising the contents of your internal_data and data directories to the CDN, nor can I advise you on how you would do that. That would be purely down to your CDN provider or CDN add-on if you have one.

That said, the configuration above only affects the URL where thumbnails and JS are served from. Attachments are served from the internal_data directory, but they are not in a directory that is publicly accessible. The attachments URL will always be yoursite/attachments/ but that URL will be accessing the files which are stored in your internal_data/attachments directory. There is a config setting to change the internal_data path, but this generally isn't going to help you in terms of serving images from an external location. That would likely require an add-on or custom development.

Robru

Can it be that the problem is that the images of XFMG be stored in a different location than all other attachments of the forum? Because those are stored oke on the CDN servers.
I'm going to see if the [ bd ] Attachment store does work in my case.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
XenForo and XFMG store attachments in the same location. Locally by default this would be internal_data/attachments/