Lack of interest support for 3rd party multi-step installs

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Adam Howard

The XenForo developers did not provide me with functionality for a multi-step installer (like they do with the main product), to make sure that installation will finish.

It is up to you to make sure the server is either fast enough, or to raise the max_execution_time in php.ini so it can actually finish installation or uninstallation. After it finishes it even goes to rebuild caches and templates, and that needs to finish too :)
This is not the first time I have heard someone say this (not just poor @Rigel Kentaurus but I'll use his quote as an example).

I think we could see some really cool things developed for XenForo if this was possible.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
XenForo is highly dependent upon addons. But big boards have issues with installing bigger addons causing chaos. Especially when rebuilding caches includes a very large amount of data.

Especially when rebuilding caches includes a very large amount of data.
Big boards should install addons at 03:00 (am) only :)

I wonder if Xenforo could guess how long an addon will take based on database size, etc.
I'm not talking exact. I'm talking : 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 1 hour.

If a Big Board admin knew the addon could take 15-45 minutes .... they might wait til 3am :)

I'm just trying to avoid the situation where a big board admin thinks an addon install will be a 2 minute thing.
And then it takes 45 minutes.

Harm reduction ! - at least let them know

(Everyone knows the heroin addict should quit :) )

Top Bottom