Superhero Empire

Nice marketable domain name.

Layout needs to be more colourful, with nodes showing the superheroes etc i feel. A lil tad bland for what i was expecting.

Nice marketable domain name.

Layout needs to be more colourful, with nodes showing the superheroes etc i feel. A lil tad bland for what i was expecting.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah it's still in its infancy so that's why I'm aiming for suggestions and such now. Lots still being added though! I'll work at and look more at the skins.

If you can maybe point me to one or two that would give me a better idea of what you were thinking that would be great. It'll give me better direction. Thanks! :)

Great domain name. Upon first glance, I'd say you have far too many forums for a new start-up. Your entire Media Room category could be merged into one forum, using prefixes until you have the activity to warrant all those different nodes. And I'd definitely look at reducing the amount of forums in the other sections too. The layout is confusing, the node category names are ... I don't want to say silly (because I know you're aiming toward Superhero-goodness with them but - they're not particularly clear on what you're aiming the forums beneath each category to be. - Suit Up? I get it's probably an Iron Man reference, but it really has nothing to do with off-topic chatter, sales or ... what is Billboard, anyway? Situation Command.. same thing. You need category titles which instantly tell the visitor what they're going to find within that area..

Too much clutter, not enough clarity. But great domain name :)

Thanks! I'm open to both good and bad feedback. This is why I'm doing this now as it will better help improve the forum. The suggestions have been great and I really appreciate the honesty. It's at least giving me a feel for what direction to go.

Thanks for the compliments on the name! I like it too. I figure it has lots of potential and will help brand the forum better. :) Plus it's simple to remember which to me was important. That and I can shorten it to SHE. Which opens lots of possibilities too.

I must know how to accomplish that video box on the upper right side! I'd like to bring that to CODForums (or any one of my sites, really).
I figure it has lots of potential and will help brand the forum better. :) Plus it's simple to remember which to me was important. That and I can shorten it to SHE. Which opens lots of possibilities too.
That's what they're saying. Marketable name.

Don't worry about shortened names - that's a "another day" thing. Right now, you're small, and you need to work your way up.

I must know how to accomplish that video box on the upper right side! I'd like to bring that to CODForums (or any one of my sites, really).

That's what they're saying. Marketable name.

Don't worry about shortened names - that's a "another day" thing. Right now, you're small, and you need to work your way up.

I've already taken the advice of those that have responded. I merged one forum, and hid the others until a later date. Renamed some and renamed the categories as well.

The forum and banner thing. Yeah that's the one that I'm working on right now. Not entirely sure what direction to take those. I've known those could be improved for awhile now. Just not sure exactly how to do it and what to do without going too overboard or to be too distracting.

As for the Youtube in the sidebar thing:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/youtube-video-in-sidebar.3010/

That's the one I use.

The forum and banner thing. Yeah that's the one that I'm working on right now. Not entirely sure what direction to take those. I've known those could be improved for awhile now. Just not sure exactly how to do it and what to do without going too overboard or to be too distracting.
The banner was fine. In fact, it matched the rest of the tan/teal/brown skin you had.

Just an FYI: I feel like Power Rangers is out of place in the banner. Also; Power Rangers isn't popular anymore.
As for the Youtube in the sidebar thing:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/youtube-video-in-sidebar.3010/

That's the one I use.
Thanks! Looking into that now! :D

The banner was fine. In fact, it matched the rest of the tan/teal/brown skin you had.

Just an FYI: I feel like Power Rangers is out of place in the banner. Also; Power Rangers isn't popular anymore.

Thanks! Looking into that now! :D

Actually, amazingly, it still is. Lionsgate has picked it up to make a new movie with it being rebooted from the original series.

The toys still sell tons and their bi-yearly convention does very very well and is proving to be more popular each year. The TV show itself has stagnated a bit. But it's amazingly still a popular show as are the toys. They still take up a decent section at the retailers like Walmart and Target.

I came across another Xenforo forum where I loved their header. I'm currently re-vamping one of the skins for it to happen.

Actually, amazingly, it still is. Lionsgate has picked it up to make a new movie with it being rebooted from the original series.
Wow. Lionsgate is doing a new Power Rangers film?
The toys still sell tons and their bi-yearly convention does very very well and is proving to be more popular each year. The TV show itself has stagnated a bit. But it's amazingly still a popular show as are the toys. They still take up a decent section at the retailers like Walmart and Target.
I knew the TV show declined, but I was surprised to learn that the toys are [still] selling like hotcakes. Also: There's a Power Rangers convention? Power. Rangers. Convention.
I know there's Comic Con, but a convention dedicated to a show? Not that I don't believe you, it's just... I find it hard, ridiculously hard to believe there's a convention to a show that's not really popular in a sense. (See: TV show's decline.)

I knew the TV show declined, but I was surprised to learn that the toys are [still] selling like hotcakes. Also: There's a Power Rangers convention? Power. Rangers. Convention.
I know there's Comic Con, but a convention dedicated to a show? Not that I don't believe you, it's just... I find it hard, ridiculously hard to believe there's a convention to a show that's not really popular in a sense. (See: TV show's decline.)

Here's your chance.... powerrangersforum.com

Here's the official website for their convention:

http://officialpowermorphicon.com/

And yep, Lionsgate with Saban the creator of the show, are working on a new Power Ranger film, which is a reboot of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/lionsgate-sets-power-rangers-movie-1201174102/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/07/new-power-rangers-movie-announced

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...te-to-produce-inevitable-power-rangers-movie/

Its been 20+ years since the show first launched.

I actually have some that are better than that. lol ;)

And say what one wants, but the show has been around 20+ years now. How many other shows, let alone kid shows are around that long if they aren't still popular and generate good revenue.

And they are superheros, so they belong on the forum. :)

If it was 1996, and I wanted a forum at the time, I'd jump on it. Today? I've outgrown the show and franchise. I used to like Power Rangers at one point, especially the film. Actually, the film is better than the show, IMHO.
Ever hear of Star Trek?:p
To be fair, Star Trek has been around longer than Power Rangers.
And say what one wants, but the show has been around 20+ years now. How many other shows, let alone kid shows are around that long if they aren't still popular and generate good revenue.
EXACTLY! That's what I meant by my attitude towards Power Rangers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom