Lack of interest Summerize the Alerts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

s.molinari

Hi,

What do I mean? (and maybe I don't really understand the alerts....)

The alerts show me new messages made in all the threads I am watching. It would be nice to have the answers that made alerts from the same threads be grouped or summerized, so you can basically get alerted better about which threads have new messages. I can't imagine how things would look, if I am watching more than even 10 threads. At the moment I am watching 3 threads and see seven alerts from one thread, three from another and another two from the last. I'd like to see the alerts look like this.....

+ 6 new replies in "Thread title1"
+ 3 new replies in "Thread title2"
+ 2 new replies in "Thread title3"

You could have a button (the "+") next to the summerized alerts to expand the list to see who made the alert/ message.

It would also be nice to have the title in the summary be a link to go to the last unread message too.:) At the moment, the alerts sort of pop me back to the thread, but possibly in a place in the middle and in a big thread I have to get myself oriented where I left off in the discussion.

Scott

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Actually I thought the exact same thing just now and then searched for this thread. This what I see now in my Alerts dropdown:

alerts same thread.webp

All indicators about the same thread. Not a big deal at all... but yeah maybe it could be a little bit more convenient if we could somehow set a setting to group them according to our likings. But then again, maybe it's a bit too much of it all and we can live with this perfectly. But I do like your suggestion. Anybody else?

Grover, you're only getting the new alerts because you're reading the thread. That comes back to marking the alert as read automatically when you read the thread (which is discussed elsewhere :)).

Grover, you're only getting the new alerts because you're reading the thread. That comes back to marking the alert as read automatically when you read the thread (which is discussed elsewhere :)).

Ah! I see... thank you for this lecture :). (*goes looking up the other thread about it now*)

Top Bottom