Lack of interest Suggestions for Notices

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Joeychgo

I have 2 simple suggestions for notices...

1. It appears there is an option to only show the notice for Tablet or Mobile, but there isn't one to just show a notice to Desktop users. There are times I want to send one message to a desktop / laptop users, and a different message to mobile users. (usually due to space limitations) So I would suggest adding a third option for Desktop so that a notice can be shown to any combination of the three.

2. There are currently various date options. It would be nice to have a recurring option. Meaning, show the notice once a month on x day of the month, or every xx days.

I would think these are both easy to implement, and both have their value to the core product.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know you are asking for this as core, but in the meantime the second suggestion can be achieved using Chris D's Xen Notices add-on.

We use Notices fairly often. It's a good feature, but fairly skeletal in terms of functionality, IMO.

It would be nice if Notices had the option to have a photo the length of the notice - above the text of the notice - or even the ability to add GIFs.

Another option that would be useful would be to add the "Interact" feature to Notices that already exists for the New Profile Posts sidebar.

Top Bottom