Lack of interest [suggestion] What's New page - no posts? "additions"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Booth

As my site isn't as busy as here, frequently I get the dreaded "No results found." message.

It would be good if when a user gets this message they see...

No results found.

To see all site wide activity (not just forum posts) click here. (this links to activity feed)

To search for all posts from the past 24 hours click here.

To start a new topic click here.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Listing ...

There was no new content since your last visit, but here's some popular content, ... something like that has been on my mind the whole morning, but i can't quite figure out what i really want on that page.

Hmmm, popular content would be a good idea.
It might even get people looking at forums they wouldn't normally.

If the user has no posts, it could even say

have you introduced yourself yet? :)

whatever provokes ppl that can't find content to create content.

If the user has no posts, it could even say

have you introduced yourself yet? :)

whatever provokes ppl that can't find content to create content.

What we've established, is that should there be no new posts, is a page with several suggestions if there's nothing else to do.

Introductions, and popular posts would be great also but links to the activity feed would be good as well (as I feel the activity feed is a little hidden away in the members tab).

There are multiple duplicate threads on this request.

No results found.
There was no new content since your last visit, but here's some popular content, ... something like that has been on my mind the whole morning, but i can't quite figure out what i really want on that page.

A simple fix to avoid the dreaded: No Results Found (for new visitors, at least).

logged in users ... What's New = What's New
logged out users ... What's New = Latest Threads

To solve the problem for Logged In users ... you would need to display Latest Threads if the result was going to be "No Results Found".

There are multiple duplicate threads on this request.

A simple fix to avoid the dreaded: No Results Found (for new visitors, at least).

logged in users ... What's New = What's New
logged out users ... What's New = Latest Threads

To solve the problem for Logged In users ... you would need to display Latest Threads if the result was going to be "No Results Found".
Agree... showing the "Latest Threads" would solve this :3

Top Bottom