Add "New threads" tab and "Latest threads" to "What's new" page

Satal

I'm curious if anyone figured out how to do this? I have the widget on the home page of my site but my users are rightly confused when they try to go to the full list and get a list of the latest posts.

I've already made the widget show more new threads, however, there's only so long I'm willing to make that on my home page.

I'm curious if anyone figured out how to do this? I have the widget on the home page of my site but my users are rightly confused when they try to go to the full list and get a list of the latest posts.

I've already made the widget show more new threads, however, there's only so long I'm willing to make that on my home page.
Up for this thread, I think a lot of devs know how to do it but not free

We have a partial solution for this on our forum.

Create a new widget (Appearance->Widgets). Use "New Threads" for the widget definition, and set it to show as many new threads as you want. Do not set a display position. Set a widget key (ours is called "newthreadspage").

Create a new page node for the new widget (Forums->Nodes). Specify "Page" for the Node type, select "none" for Parent node and do not select "Display in the node list". In the "Template HTML" box add <xf:widget key="newthreadspage" /> (replace "newthreadspage" with whatever you used for your widget key). Specify a URL in the URL portion (ours is called "new-threads").

Add a navigation item to the "What's new" menu (Setup->Public navigation). Use {{ link('pages/new-threads') }} for the Link (replace "new-threads" with whatever you used for the URL of the page node.

Add a similar navigation item to the "Forums" menu.

If you use a New Threads widget on your forums sidebar or at the top of the "What's new" page (we have both) and want the Title of that widget to link to your New Threads page, you will need to edit the widget_new_threads template. See this thread for more about that.

Top Bottom