[Suggestion] watermark attached images

Performance it only when someone adds an image to a post .. Which is still incidental.

I think this could be a nice addition to the core package as it could be an option for users to select when posting their resources, even their resources posted here at xenforo, specifically styles and graphics and rather than having it as an add-on I fee included to the core would be a better option.

I agree it be easier for us to post graphics too. maybe a feature of it so you can watermake it with XenForo as default and an option for a custom one. (maybe a Text box so you can input writing and it automaticly uses that for the watermark.

Any image displayed on the screen is technically downloaded into the Web browser's cache. If there is no watermark at all on the image when displayed, then a separate system needs to determine if the request is a regular http access or a download access (which I don't think there is currently a way to do that behind the scenes. You would probably have to implement a javascript to detect that). From there, it would have to load the watermark onto it. If several hundred people are doing that at once, it can bog down the server rather quickly. An actual overlay (like how xenforo does for like reporting a post), that would be a waste of resources for both user and server, especially since it can be disabled by disabling javascript. In the end, only one solution would be proper: upload image, keep a copy for the owner (person who uploaded the image), and then render a watermarked copy to display on the forum.

VB has an addon that attaches a watermark to the image when it is uploaded. It shows on the screen image and it shows on the pic if you d/load it.

Just been searching this as its something that has just come up on my forums ... Would love this as a feature I could use on my site

Is there anyone else who would like this feature added?

We would use attachments if it had watermarking, but instead are limited to the gallery uploads as a result.

You really only have to like the original post to show interest in the suggestion. You can read how suggestion interest is gauged here.

Top Bottom