Not planned [Suggestion] Sub forums for native speaker

Alluidh

Hi

In the moment XenForo community grows and the first native speaker threads worked well it will be a good idea for a native speaker forum with some sub forums.

For example

Xenforo regional (as a forum)
- Chinese
- Dutch
- French
- German
- Italian
- Russian
- Spanish
- Turkish

This could help to do first steps for translations like word definitions or something like this and we are able to open different topics without disturbing other member …

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

It may be difficult at the moment, as currently with 99% of topics being in one language "English" it means there is less chance of duplication, when you start adding sub languages as standard

1) it becomes harder for Kier and Mike to understand the suggestions as they will have to use a translator.
2) it is harder to moderate, they will need a translator or a Mod that speaks that language.
3) it causes duplicate suggestions, going have the same suggestions over and over again in each language.

It may be difficult at the moment, as currently with 99% of topics being in one language "English" it means there is less chance of duplication, when you start adding sub languages as standard
I think you missunderstand me or I didn't find the right words. I don't want to start duplication or something else. It's just like the nativ speaker threads, but a little bit bigger :)

I only ask for 1 (one) new forum called Xenforo regional without allowed postings and 1 sub forum by language.

1) it becomes harder for Kier and Mike to understand the suggestions as they will have to use a translator.
2) it is harder to moderate, they will need a translator or a Mod that speaks that language.
3) it causes duplicate suggestions, going have the same suggestions over and over again in each language.
They don't need a translater because suggestions will be placed in the suggestion forum in english language. They have the same work as the native language threads now. Until now we have German, French, Russian and Turkish threads (as I know)

But for us it will be much easier to support in our native language or work on the first steps for something like translate the XenForo and so on. There are a lot of people interested in forum software but have only limited skills in the english language. So maybe they are able to use the sub forum of there language for first questions about XenForo ;)

I hope you understand me a little bit more now :)

Hi

In the moment XenForo community grows and the first native speaker threads worked well it will be a good idea for a native speaker forum with some sub forums.

This would mean to build up some kind of multilingual support staff. I am not sure if now is the right time.

This would mean to build up some kind of multilingual support staff. I am not sure if now is the right time.
What is the difference between the nativ speaker threads and the asked sub forums? Take a look into http://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-discussions-questions.5/ now. You'll find native speaker threads and there will be more. With the sub forum architecture you will be able to have a place for international visitors. You don't have multilingual support staff now and I think we have a lot of time to build it in the future. But in my opinion it is better to concentrate the interested people here before they will build native forum in their country :D

"But in my opinion it is better to concentrate the interested people here before they will build native forum in their country."

That is the point.

What is the difference between the nativ speaker threads and the asked sub forums? Take a look into http://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-discussions-questions.5/ now. You'll find native speaker threads and there will be more. With the sub forum architecture you will be able to have a place for international visitors. You don't have multilingual support staff now and I think we have a lot of time to build it in the future. But in my opinion it is better to concentrate the interested people here before they will build native forum in their country :D
I think there is a difference between offering an area where different native speakers can talk and to offer official support in that language. But both have to go hand in hand after a while...

There is no chance of duplication as we're talking about discussion forums here.
I don't think anyone expects Kier or Mike to read threads/forums that are not in English. ;)
Or just pick a trusted member to moderate. Especially with a German sub-forum this would be no problem, because we have many of the vB-Germany crowd here. Even Scott, who owns that place.
No, because nobody can expect Kier and Mike to read in a language other than English. It would not be a suggestion forum, just a discussion forum.
A place where people can discuss all things xenForo and especially for prep-work on translations and localizations.

The german speaking market (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) is the second biggest behind english.
We hope Kier and Co. understand this. ;)

die werden doch sicher ein eigenes deutsches Forum aufmachen (wer auch immer dieses dann betreut).

Abwarten, Freunde !

I would love to have 1 spot for all the foreign languages, so I can mark it read in 1 go.
It's currently polluting my what's new unfortn. and that sounds offensive perhaps, but I have no interest in those threads, as they don't want me there before I don't speak their language, and I can't read it, because I don't don't know it (that well).

The german thread for example is always there, every what's new .. I've marked it read many times, it's actually bothering me. Sorry.

I would love to have 1 spot for all the foreign languages, so I can mark it read in 1 go.
It's currently polluting my what's new unfortn. and that sounds offensive perhaps, but I have no interest in those threads, as they don't want me there before I don't speak their language, and I can't read it, because I don't don't know it (that well).

The german thread for example is always there, every what's new .. I've marked it read many times, it's actually bothering me. Sorry.
I totally understand your point. It would be the same for me, were I not a guter deutscher Junge. :)

I'm really not sure about that idea.

IMHO people should be encouraged to post questions and feedback in English.

Having a German sub-forum might have counter-productive effects.

Having to describe a problem in a foreign language can be very difficult.
So it´s kind of natural that there will be Support for the more common languages besides english. The decision to collect all languages in on board or to allow "official" support-boards in nonenglish languages has to be made by XF. Unoffical Boards in a variety of languages will show up anyway.

Top Bottom