[Suggestion] Signatures in Private Conversations

for my own forum i am hoping that it is easy to set restrictions on signatures and other features. like a user has to have minimum of so many posts before they can have these features.

this functionality is available in vB but the whole concept is pretty unintuitive and i simply gave up on it. of course, i could spend more time on it and finetune it. but moderating them individually turned out to be an easier way.

It might be useful to discuss exactly which restrictions on signatures are worthwhile and which are not. For me, the biggies are:

- disallowing sigs to members below a certain post count
- limiting font size
- limiting number and size of images, and perhaps disabling images altogether (preferably by usergroup)
- limiting number of links, perhaps disabling links altogether (preferably by usergroup)
- limiting size of signature by number of lines (I don't like character limits)

I actually don't like sigs in the PC's. It's enough that they're on every post. I like the PC page to be clean and uncluttered, and it doesn't look that way right now.

I suppose if you wanted to be really slick you could have 2 signatures per member - a full signature and a short one. The short one would be a single short line of text in a size 2 font with no images, links, or additional formatting available - it could be a member chosen sig or the simply member's username. The short sig would be displayed in thread and PC pages after the regular sig has already been used.

Top Bottom