Lack of interest [Suggestion] Sidebar Toggle Feature.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Choose Style 1 if you want the staff online block, the members online block and the forum statistics block.
Choose Style 2 if you want the staff online block, the members online block but not the forum statistics block.
Choose Style 3 if you want the staff online block, but not the members online block and the forum statistics block.
Choose Style 5 if you don't want the staff online block, but want the members online block and the forum statistics block.
Choose Style 5 if you want.....

Repeat for every different style you have :D

Option to have the sidebar closed and the stats on the sidebar customized to different locations on the homepage, or even a separate page of your choosing. This should all be selectable in the admin panel. I'm not a fan of sidebars :)

I don't like the idea to have the chance to collapse the sidebar. I find it useless.
If the admin thinks that it's useful he keeps it, else the removal process takes seconds.

I personally think that the xf home sidebar is just perfect.

I just wrote about the possibility to use the forum on the entire display (classic version forum). Without the right panel. Or that it can be removed in ipb3 and vbulletin...

Option to have the sidebar closed and the stats on the sidebar customized to different locations on the homepage, or even a separate page of your choosing. This should all be selectable in the admin panel. I'm not a fan of sidebars :)
It is selectable in the admin panel!

...It just takes template edits probably.

I think it would be a nice idea to be able to show and hide the sidebar on the board index =] Sorry if this has been previously requested but I thought I would mention it.

The sidebar can be added/removed simply by editing the template to add or remove <xen:sidebar>content</xen:sidebar>

Great idea! This is a feature I'd be interested in manually implementing into my own designs if it doesn't become a built-in feature.

Haven't had a chance to do a mockup but I'll try and explain it.

The suggestion is to toggle the side panel. Perhaps have a tab at the bottom (starting at forum statistics) and upon collapsing it collapses the sidebar up to the visitor panel leaving that showing and thus expanding the forum to it's full width.

So rather than having a tab on the side perhaps at the bottom of the sidebar. I'm aware that the data within the sidebar is important data but having an option to toggle it would be nice.

I'm bumping this thread because an option to show/hide the sidebar is required. The forumhome is a pain to watch at 1024x768.

If the forum side would expand into the sidebar area, that would solve the space issue. I wouldn't know of course if this is possible. Just a thought.

Top Bottom