Lack of interest [Suggestion] Show all trophies + lower opacity on ones that haven't been achieved

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd prefer to hide it all together and just let it be a surprise. That way you don't have the kiddies posting BS just to get a trophy.

I have found that on many sites, letting users know there are "rewards" for X amount of posts, or X amount of reputation results in a lot of fluff and no substance. You end up with a board full of useless posts that are there just to increase a user's post count. Reward systems should be hidden and users should find them as they reach those specified levels.

I understand completely where you're coming from, Biker. You get a bunch of users doing likes-for-likes and stuff.

*uses the generic response* GIVE IT A HIDDEN/VISIBLE SWITCH.

I have found that on many sites, letting users know there are "rewards" for X amount of posts, or X amount of reputation results in a lot of fluff and no substance. You end up with a board full of useless posts that are there just to increase a user's post count. Reward systems should be hidden and users should find them as they reach those specified levels.

That is true if some one gets trophies only by the amount of posts, but here some trophies are for the amount of likes as well, that makes users think twice about the quality of their post and will consider their post will be valuable at others.

I'd prefer to hide it all together and just let it be a surprise. That way you don't have the kiddies posting BS just to get a trophy.

I do like this idea but not for all trophies. I think an option to "Make this trophy hidden?" would do well here when you create or edit trophies. :)

Sorry if it was already suggested, but i couldn't find anything similar.

It would be cool, if we could see which trophy we already have on the tropies help page.
Maybe a little icon, or add a "transparency" so that the missing tropies could be highlighted

Top Bottom