1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Show all trophies + lower opacity on ones that haven't been achieved

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by James, Aug 5, 2010.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

Sorry if this was suggested but I feel this idea has potential! :)
    Onimua, Ahmed and JVCode like this.
  2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to hide it all together and just let it be a surprise. That way you don't have the kiddies posting BS just to get a trophy.
  3. James

James Well-Known Member

True... but you can't work towards a trophy you don't know exists. I still think it'd motivate people.
  4. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Nice idea.
  5. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

I have found that on many sites, letting users know there are "rewards" for X amount of posts, or X amount of reputation results in a lot of fluff and no substance. You end up with a board full of useless posts that are there just to increase a user's post count. Reward systems should be hidden and users should find them as they reach those specified levels.
    AlexandrosD likes this.
  6. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Nice idea, I'd like to get something like that, this is similar to the Mafia Wars Achievements :D
  7. James

James Well-Known Member

I understand completely where you're coming from, Biker. You get a bunch of users doing likes-for-likes and stuff.

*uses the generic response* GIVE IT A HIDDEN/VISIBLE SWITCH.
  8. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

That is true if some one gets trophies only by the amount of posts, but here some trophies are for the amount of likes as well, that makes users think twice about the quality of their post and will consider their post will be valuable at others.
  9. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Not if you have the mutual masturbation society giving each other points. Have seen it far too often.
    Abomination and James like this.
  10. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I do like this idea but not for all trophies. I think an option to "Make this trophy hidden?" would do well here when you create or edit trophies. :)
  11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Sorry if it was already suggested, but i couldn't find anything similar.

It would be cool, if we could see which trophy we already have on the tropies help page.
    Maybe a little icon, or add a "transparency" so that the missing tropies could be highlighted