[Suggestion] Search Engine Optimization

shabbirbhimani

The one thing which any forum software are missing are SEO and so you should take that as the first priority.

I already see the hints of them but I think I would suggest that it should be the first line of action.

According to me Wordpress is so popular I think because of ease of SEO.

Upvote 0
From my perspective I see all the underpinnings covered (readable URLs, canonicalization with 301 redirects, auto generated meta description, H1 title tags).

vBSEO became popular because vB itself was SEO'd poorly out of the box (admittedly, they've improved with 4.0). XenForo on the other hand is already SEO'd properly.

::nods::

But from what Mike/Kier said, it seems very likely that it will be easy to setup automated 301 redirects from your old VBSEO urls to the new XF versions. Honestly that's a HUGE issue that is a make/break for any established site with good SERP's in Google etc, so I really hope it's a turnkey part of the solution :).

Shouldn't be too hard to make. Just redirect the threads to the normal vbulletin urls and then from that to the new xF urls.

if i understand, the procedure should be: make a 301 from the SEO to the vB (cause i need to uninstall it before the change) then make another 301 from the vB to xF correct? however we need more infos about that ... we cannot do any mistake with this ...

The one thing which any forum software are missing are SEO and so you should take that as the first priority.

I already see the hints of them but I think I would suggest that it should be the first line of action.

According to me Wordpress is so popular I think because of ease of SEO.

What do you think you're currently missing in XenForo?

Looks like an impressive new platform. Honestly, this is what I was hoping for with vB4. Like many of you, my biggest issue would be an easy way to redirect all of my vBSEO URL's.

I do like the way IPB works on 301 redirects when you active the Seo Friendly option. It redirects all dead links in Google back to you forum homepage. Would be good if XenForo did the same also.

I do like the way IPB works on 301 redirects when you active the Seo Friendly option. It redirects all dead links in Google back to you forum homepage. Would be good if XenForo did the same also.

That is IMHO a bad thing to do is if a link is dead it should not lead to a live link because that's not what the link is. Rather a 404 page would do more seo goodness.

Top Bottom